About time

Genre: angst, I'm on a roll 2night

TW: arguing, past 4buse, tr4uma

Characters: Tubbo (24), Ranboo (25), Michael (13) (Michael was 7 when they adopted him, Tubbo was 18 at a time)

If you are easily triggered by parental abuse, please don't read this for your own safety, and remember, that if you are/were experiencing something like this, you should tell someone, even if they can't help with the situation, they can make you feel better (my DMs are also open for vents), you are not alone ❤️

====================================

Tubbo has been very stressed lately.

Technoblade was acting up again with his murderous tendencies, there weren't enough animals in the cold area of Snowchester, Tommy was a bit annoying when he had some paperwork to do, overall a big weight on his shoulders.

And on top of that his son, Michael, as a 13 year old, wanted to search for adventure in the dangerous forests of the SMP.

Tubbo knew better then not to bottle up his emotions, but he didn't really want to bother others, the only way of relieving a bit of his emtion out was by hugging Ranboo tightly while cuddling to sleep.

And when he argued with Michael.

Today was no diffrent; Michael wanted to explore the woods with Shroud after dark, Tubbo not wanting him to because it's when the mobs go out.

"Dad, please!," the piglin hybrid begged.

"No and that's final!" Tubbo crossed his arms.

"But whyyy?" The younger whined.

"You know well why! It's really dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt!"

"But I know how to fight! I even got a few lessons from uncle Techno!" It was a really reasonable argument.

"It doesn't matter! Even he got hurt by mobs at times! You don't even have any tools!"

"Well if you gave me some, I would have! You don't even allow me to craft them! Let alone collect iron to do so!" It was true, Tubbo didn't let Michael into the caves unless he was under Ranboos supervision, even then all that they found went to the 'family chests' that were actually used only by the adults to store some necesarities.

"It's dangerous in the caves! And the weapons are heavy and sharp, you might get hurt just by weilding them!"

"Why can't you see I'm not seven anymore?! I can manage by myself! I know how to use flint and steel, I know how to kill and cook passive mobs, it's about time I learn how to kill the agressive ones!"

"And why can't you see that I'm just trying to protect you?! You stupid little-" he raised his hand in the air, ready to slap Michael. The younger put his hands above his head in a defensive manner.

That's when Tubbo saw himself.

On the foor, his hands in a defensive position as his father yelled at him, drunk.

"D-dad, please s-stop," the younger whined shakily. He already had bruises covering his body, the most fresh one from a slap he got seconds ago. He was crying and shaking, the sobs and fear rocking his body uncontrolably.

He was getting beaten almost everyday by the man that the law called his father. He was anything but that, getting drunk everyday and getting his anger out on his son, hurting him in every way possible. He was grieving the loss of his wife with the only coping mechanism he knew: drinking. That resumed in traumatizing his own son until he got out of the house at the age of 7 with the help of Tommy, getting adopted into the Minecraft household.

"Dad, wh-what are you doing...?"

Tubbos hand was still in the air.

His breathing quickened.

The walls crumbled.

He fell onto the floor, crying his eyes out and mumbling incoherent words, the only recognizable one being "sorry".

Michael imidietly ran to his fathers side confused, calling Ranboo in the process.

The taller male ran into the room and after a second od processing what is happening, he hugged the brunette carefully.

"Tubbo, it's okay, calm down," he attempted, but it obviously didn't work as the other cried even harder. "Hey, Tubs, look at me," he slowly averted his gaze to look at him. "Tell me five things you can feel."

"Uhm.. Y-your arms a-around me, t-the floor, m-my clothes, n-nails digging into m-my hands, t-the ring on my h-horn..." At the nail digging part Ranboo imidietly took Tubbos hands into his and held them tightly, providing comfort.

"Now four things you can see, can you tell me those?"

"Y-you, Michael, t-the couch, our h-hands..."

"Great! Now three things you can hear" The method was working as Tubbo started to shake less and less.

"Y-your voice, the mobs out-t side, my own voice.."

"And two things you can taste?"

"My t-tears, a steak from before..."

"And one thing you can smell?"

"Your comforting scent..." with that Tubbo was mostly calmed down, hugging his husband tightly.

"Now will you tell me why did all of that happen?"

"I-I raised my hand at Michael I almost hit him I'm a horrible father like Schlatt I'm so sorry Michael I shouldn't have I'm so so sorry-" he bagan rambling, tears forming in his eyes again as Ranboo caressed his back in a comforting manner.

"Shhhh, it's okay Tubbo. You're not like.. him.. You are a great father and it's your first time parenting so you shouldn't be ashamed if you do something wrong. We both are new to this so we can make mistakes, everybody does. We will go through this together, as a family." Michael joined the hug, making Tubbo smile geniuenly like he haven't smiled in days.

After a while they all separated from the hug.

"Michael," the kid looked at the brunette questionably. The adult went to a chest and handed him a few iron tools and smiled at the amazement in the youngers eyes. "It's about time you learn how to kill agressive mobs, let me teach you."

:D