I'll be there next time

Genre: angst (good ending)

TW: ED, ignoring one's mental and physical state

Characters: Wilbur, Technoblade

Inspired by Come Hang Out by AJR ("Wow Taria you're really addicted to AJR aren't you?" Shush those are my fics and I will incorporate AJR songs into them)

Wow a oneshot that's not Tommy centric LMAO also requested by @Mushr00mfalls (I've been getting so much attention on wattpad lately even got tagged I love you all sm ❤️❤️❤️❤️)

Also I'm sure this book is now a year and like three months old so cheers to that 🥂

A/N 28.02.2024:
I know what Wilbur did. I am siding with the victims in this situation. What he did was awful. This fanfiction was written in January of 2023. It will stay on this platform but be aware this is fiction and I no longer support Wilbur.

====================================

Techno slowly walked into the kitchen, where the clock showed 3 am. It wasn't surprising really, he often did that, especially if he didn't have a shift the next day at the book store he worked at, which was now the case. He looked around for a the bottle of raspberry Fanta he left there just an hour prior. He quickly found the drink in the fridge, pouring himself a full cup. He headed back upstairs after putting the bottle back into it's chilly place.

He straddled over to his room, luckily for him it was almost in front of the staircase. But that's when he heard it.

Quiet, muffled sobs interrupted the silence of the night, mixing with the chirp of bugs outside, heard thanks to a few mosquito-proof windows being open to let the cold summer breeze in.

At first Technoblade thought that Tommy must've had a nightmare, but he soon recognized the sound was coming from Wilbur's room.

The pinkette imidietly went to check on his brother, carefully opening the door wider with a very quiet creak. The brunette didn't seem to notice his older brother as he sobbed into the pillow still. Technoblade on the other hand put down his drink on the nearby desk and sat on the bed Wilbur was curled up on. Only then did the younger acknowledge the other's presence.

He tried to wipe his tears and gather himself quickly. "H-hey Techno, what are you doi-ing here?" He cursed himself internally for the sobs that left his body.

"What's wrong?" The older asked, a surprisingly soft tone in his voice. "What do you mean, nothing is wrong! Do you need something?"

"Wilbur, what happened?" Technoblade persisted, voice soft yet stern.

The brunette couldn't hold it in and burst into tears again, hugging the other tightly.

After a few minutes, Wilbur calmed down just the slightest, being able to finally answer. "It's just- m-my music sounds like shit, it's unori-iginal and not special and nobody will listen," he sobbed. "I've tried promo in many pla-aces and tried adding originality to the lyrics but nothing works, the numbers aren't going u-up in any way!"

"Hey, Wil, look at me," chocolate eyes met fierce red. "Your and your band's music is amazing and 100% original, okay? You may think you're nothing now, but who knows, maybe you'll blow up overnight thanks to a trend?" Wilbur smiled and hugged his older brother again. The older soon left his room, almost forgetting the drink as they said goodnight to eachother.

~~~

"Wilbur! Dinner is ready!" Phil called from downstairs. The brunette promptly ignored him, still looking at the amount of Spotify listeners for Lovejoy, disappointed as ever. "Wilbur, did you not hear me?!" Phil exclaimed again. He then turned to Technoblade. "Please get your younger brother, could you?" With a nod, the pinkette went upstairs.