Family

I'VE DONE IT. I'VE WRITTEN A SELF-INSERT.

Genre: angst/comfort

TW: intrusive thoughts, swearing

Characters: Y/N (16), Tommy (17), Wilbur (20), Techno (22), Phil (✨)

This is family dynamic, you are the youngest because I said so, you can also say it's a vent ig

====================================

Y/N POV:

I got from school, feeling the pricrastination taking over as soon as I stepped in. Of course. It always happens.

"Hi dad," I greeted the man.

"Hi Y/N, how was your school?" I smiled at his antics. "How many times will you ask me this until you get that I won't talk about it unless I, myself, want to?"

"Sorry mate, it's a habit," he smiled nontheless. "Remember to do your homework!"

"Yeah yeah," I said as I walked to my room. I placed the bag down and imidietly felt the urge to hug someone. I got up and decided that Techno is my target. I knew he wasn't the one for hugs, but he ususally didn't mind if it was me being clingy.

I went up to his room and knocked.

"Yeah?," I heard him say, the sound muffled by the door. I carefully entered seeing him at his computer editing something. I came up to him and hugged him, but I was pushed away. "Sorry Y/N, not in the mood."

"Oh, okay!" I said and walked out.

It's your falut, he doesn't like you.

Shut up, you thoughts are ridiciolous.

I went towards Tommys room, he was in denial, but we all knew he loved hugs.

"Tommy, can I come in?" I asked, knocking. "Sure," as soon as I heard the response I entered and went up to hug him. He was only a year older but he still was a bit taller.

He returned the hug and I smiled. We cuddled (siblings) for a moment but then he asked me:"Have you done your homework yet?"

"No..." I looked down. "Then go do it, you know dad will be angry if you don't," he separated from the hug.

I sighed and walked to my room. I thought about maybe lying to dad and just procrastinating, but then I remembered my math teacher. Oh she would without hesitation just fucking yell at me in the middle of the class if she found out I didn't do the homework. So I got to work.

After a bit of switching between doing the work and scrolling through my phone I got the thing finished.

"Kids, dinner!" I heard dad yell from downstairs. I went to the dining room and sat down next to Tommy and dad.

We all ate talking, Wilbur telling about his music, Techno about his day and Tommy and me about our day in school.

"Yeah Tommy I think you even witnessed the story when," I started. "No, wait , you didn't, nevermind, but anyways-" I was about to tell a funny story about a girl that found something rotting in her backpack but I cut myself off as I thought that the story probably wasn't fit for when we were eating.

"You good?" Wilbur looked at me concerned.

"Yeah I just think the story isn't good for dinner, it's kinda disgusting," I said, putting on a smile.

The story isn't good at all attention seeker

Shut up.

We are the rest and I went back to my room with a plan to just watch You Tube on my laptop or maybe play something with an online friend. It soon got late and all of us headed to bed. Or, at least, should. Techno is probably still doing stuff on his computer and from what I know, me, Wilbur and Tommy are just laying in beds and doing stuff on our phones. Dad is sleeping, loud snores being the proof.

I was scrolling through Instagram, looking at art and felt myself grow jealous with seconds.

It was irrational.

I was jealous of artists, in the same time refusing to watch a tutorial.

I was jealous of something I couldn't control, like being in a fandom, feeling I wasn't engaged in it enough.

I felt like I should do things I didn't feel the need to, like listening to some music because "if you don't listen to xxx you aren't a real XYZ fan". I felt I should train myself in drawing certain things, always feeling like my art is shit.

On top of that, I bottled it all in.

Because crying is for weak.

Crying has always been my reaction to any form of stress and there were always people who laughed at it or overreacted. I figured if I don't cry, I wouldn't have this reaction.

I don't, but I also bottle up my emotions really badly.

Today I felt as the bottle was about to burst. I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems, but I had to, for my own good.

I slowly got up and once again went to Tommys room, searching for comfort in his arms (siblings).

I opened his door slowly, announcing my arrival with a small "hey" and waddled up to him.

"Hey, Y/N, you alright?," he asked and I just hugged him.

I started sobbing into his shirt which suprised him at first, but then he hugged me back tightly, providing the needed comfort and safety.

"Hey, it's okay..." He carresed my back and petted my head. "What's wrong?"

"I-I just couldn't keep it up anymo-ore... It's o-overwhelming.. The sch-chool... I-internet... Everything...."

"It's alright... You can cry it all out..."

We heard the door open and saw Wilbur standing there shocked. He must've wanted something from Tommy but came in onto this.

"Y/N, what happened?" He came up and sat beside me.

"Y/N's just having a hard moment" Tommy answered for me. I soon felt Wilburs arms wrap around me and Tommy, sandwitching me between the boys. I sobbed in their arms but soon got tired and fell asleep.

I woke up cuddled up to Tommy and with Wilburs hand still wrapped around me (siblings). I felt a bit happier knowing they're by my side, no matter what the intrusive thoughts are telling me.

(Wow so much venting and longing for comfort I got there 😶)