[ 02 ]

The next day came in a flash as soon as Aine fell onto her bed after packing, her eyes naturally fluttered close and morning came in a split second. Gentle sunlight welcomed her back to reality much to her displeasure since she was never a morning person, groaning she threw her pillow over her face to block out the glare only to hear a familiar squawk. Aine exhaled softly as she drags her body up awake, turning to the bird on the window, "Good morning, Hestia..." she greeted with her eyes closed. Then, there was another chirp and Aine peeks open one eye to see another bird next to hers, an eagle owl with orange-red eyes and pure white feathers. "Good morning to you too," Aine welcomed the other bird, she turns to her black owl and asked, "Is that your friend, Hestia?" 

"Hoot." 

"Hm... Whose owl do you think it belonged to?" she questions again and the snow-white owl screeched, tapping its talons on the frame of the window and Aine looks to the little note tied to its feet. She raised a brow before reaching for the letter, ignoring the panicked owl's shrieks. Hestia opens her eyes and with one wing, she smacks the other owl's face and screeches at it, immediately shutting up her friend's screams. 

"Hestia, play nicely," Aine said, unwrapping the message on the owl's claws. Her eyes widened awake as soon as she saw the owner of the bird's name. She scans through the letter that was written in cursive, it was a handwriting that she had recognised.

'Dearest Aine,

I hope this letter finds you well. How are you and your family? I hope Mr Estoileon and Aion are doing great. I'm doing well and have been rather busy lately assisting my father with some dark artefacts matter. I'm writing this letter to you because I'm just so excited to see you later, so is my mother. She was delighted to hear that you will be staying with us and has been talking non-stop about your arrival, I'm sure she is as eager as I am in seeing you again. I can't wait to show you what I have found in the stars. Please do take your time and I'll see you later in the evening, milady. 

P.S. The owl is a little shy and may bite. 

With warmest regards,
Draco Malfoy.'

A small smile crept onto Aine's face after she read and finished the letter, she took some owl treats and offered them to Draco's owl who was reluctant to take them until Hestia urges the bird to go on. She even took a small bite of one of the treats that her master had offered to the other owl. She extended her hand for the owl to familiarize her scent before it rubs its cheeks onto Aine's palms, softly hooting as its eyes crinkled into a blink.

Later that evening, Aine brought down her small trunk to the living room along with the bouquet of blue roses she had made for the Malfoys. Elliot and Aion stood in front of the fireplace with Aine who wore a sulk even though she was thrilled. Her brother chuckle at the sight of his little sister before engulfing her in a hug, he patted her head, "I'll make sure to send your regards to Celeste, Lianna. Don't worry and go enjoy yourself there!" he reassures and the girl scoffs, it didn't change the fact that she was unable to meet with the older Delacour sister. 

She softly jabs at Aion before smirking, "Please tease him for me, Dad." 

"I will, sweetheart," Elliot promises before hugging her, he looks down to her neck where she had worn the pendant her mother had left behind before smiling and meeting her eyes, "Be careful over there okay? Take care of yourself and remember the words I've told you yesterday." 

Aine nodded, giving him a thumbs-up, "No smooching, or doing any sort of stuff but feel free to use my wand and magic if the situation calls for it," she stated. 

Aion immediately choked at her words, snapping to his father who shrugs, "Yes, that's right. You got your wand, right?"

She patted the side of her cardigan where her wand resides in the inner pocket, "It's here," she tells him and he nodded.