[ 28 ]

"Working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more: Believing in yourself!" Harry reminded, walking around his peers practising defensive spells that they were taught, adjusting the way they held their stance to how they grip on their wands. It was the last meeting with the members of Dumbledore's Army before the term break arrives. Everyone was giving their best in training for the last time of the year before scattering to enjoy the remaining days of the year.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Levicorpus!"

Winter was passing through December and the holidays were arriving soon, the once empty Room of Requirement had been decorated with a large Christmas Tree and several sparkly glass bauble ornaments and glittery ribbons on it. Rows of garlands of acorns and icicles spread above the mirrors and even the chandeliers were raining down snowflakes. The cold blue room was looking a lot warmer and cosier compared to the other days, brightening the space and spreading the Christmas spirits to the students.

Christmas at Hogwarts was always a sight to see and was utterly beautiful even in the most remote room of the school. Even so, the students in the room did not let the festive moods break their concentration on learning. It was the last time most of them would be seeing each other train and let alone practise before the three-week break came.

Harry sent Aine a nod as she went around those that the boy had passed, further assisting them to practise and perfect their moves. The training room was filled with enthusiastic shouts, spells being cast everywhere the girl had gone. And to see how much her friends and peers had come since the first time they met in the lonely pub in Hogsmeade, she couldn't be prouder.

"Think of it this way. Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now: students. If they can do it..." Aine stated, her lips curling up brightly as she gaze upon her friends who had been making great progress. She met with Hermione's smile and Ron's hopeful grin when he had managed to disarm his older brother's wand, expecting compliments from Hermione who had witnessed his improvements. 

The girl whirled around, her eyes scanning at every single one of her schoolmates before meeting Harry's when he had nudged her beside her. She mirrored his smirk and they said in unison, "Why not us?" 

Students were safely being levitated off the grounds and disarmed left and right and before long, time was passing quicker when they were all occupied.

"Got it! Thanks, Estoileon!" Lee Jordan beams when Aine came to him, restructuring the way he attempts to disarm his opponent. She lifted his arm slightly before he tried again, this time, the spell had worked out successfully and he had managed to make Angelina lose her wand. The girl's wand had flown out of her grasp and she grins at Lee.

"Well done!" Angelina exclaims, clapping in awe. 

"Stupefy!"

"Expelliarmus."

"Expel... Liarmus!"

"REDUCTO!" All heads suddenly whipped to the girl's strong voice, their mouths gawking at the sight of the Deatheater Dummy being completely obliterated into dust. Confidence was oozing out from Ginny that she too had been astounded by her spells, not expecting it to come off as robust as she had thought. Even her older brothers were all too stunned to do anything but clap in amazement, not sure whether to feel scared of their little sister or proud.

Michael, Ginny's boyfriend had even flinched at the sight of the dusted dummy. He gulps, staggering back a few steps. He made a mental note never to cross paths with his girlfriend, knowing how powerful she was. 

"That's amazing, Gin!" Aine clasps her hand, sharing the same joy her best friend was feeling. There was no doubt that Ginny was a gifted witch, if not one of the most powerful witches Aine has ever met.