[ 40 ]

Ever since Draco had made Aine a healing salve for her scars, he had allowed the girl to share it with her friends. Her inner circle of companions seemed to have a new prospect over the Slytherin boy after they learn of his gesture. Though completely forgetting about the strife between her two friends was a different thing to be dealt with as they were still wary of him, Aine's friends found this new side to Draco Malfoy a surprise. And as Ginny once pointed out, perhaps the world was finally ending or that the blonde-haired boy had actually changed for the better.

Aine furrowed her brows, looking into one of Harry's memories once more alongside her professor. It was the last session of Harry's little Legilimens class before the exams were here and her friend wasn't doing as well as she had expected. He was edgy and he hadn't been able to focus ever since the training started. 

Today especially had been rather awful to Harry because he had to sit through another one of Umbridge's detention and he haven't been able to catch his breath before the lesson started. He was hungry, tired and drained. He gripped the chair's handles, forcing his mind to take control of the intrusion caused by Snape. 

Harry was drenched in sweat, his brows contorting as he squeezes his eyes shut. He tries to keep Snape out of his mind but he wasn't feeling his best today. In the thoughts that he had recalled, he was standing in front of the Mirror of Erised where he had seen his parents. Smiling over his shoulders before Snape appears behind them with a sneer.

"Feeling sentimental?"

The boy jumps back to reality, and a snarl flashes onto his face as he glares at Snape, "That's private..!" he insisted, he hated the feeling of his Potion's Professor looking into his thoughts though he was partially fine with Aine. 

Aine sighs through her nose, her wand slowly dropping to her side as she watches the two gentlemen start again.

"Not to me— And certainly not to the Dark Lord!" Snape said, staring down at the boy who catches his breath. Thinking that he had the time to even replenish the oxygen in his system, Snape proved him wrong once again, he stomps toward the boy and began to strike on the facts. "If you don't improve... Every memory he has access to— is a weapon he can use against you!  You won't last two seconds if he invades your mind!" he stresses.

There was a flicker of hatred in Snape's pupils as he eyed the boy head-to-toe, "You're just like your father!" he scolded. "LAZY! ARROGANT!"

Aine was caught in between them, she could see how offended Harry was at Snape's jabs and she didn't blame him at all. Using Harry's father, James to teach the boy was the best thing the professor could do to make him listen and snap to his senses. Even though it wasn't exactly ideal or appropriate. Anyone would be perturbed if they were in the boy's place.

It took barely a millisecond before Harry got agitated at the mention of his father, jumping up as he glowered at Snape, "Don't say a word against my father!"

"WEAK!" Snape spats and Aine flinches at the contempt in his voice. 

"I'm not weak!" Harry argues back.

"Then prove it! Control your emotions— Discipline your mind!" his teacher demanded. Then he nodded to Aine and she raised her wands unwillingly again as they continued the mind games. Just as the boy thought he could have a single minute of a break. Snape was back at it once more. "Legilimens!" 

Aine's vision was clouded into the darkness where suddenly the image of last year's Triwizard maze flashed by, followed by a giant creature clapping his hands in front of her eyes, making her flinch a little at the immense blow. Next, she saw Sirius looking at his godson with tender eyes, it was when they had just broken him out from the Dementor attacks. The girl couldn't resist a smile when she saw the same on her friend's face when he was in Sirius's arms.