[ 30 ]

All Aine could remember after the little impromptu Legilimency class with Harry was oblivion. She remembered the whisper telling her of a certain someone who was his equal and that he had a power that the Dark Lord knows not, before sinking into darkness and waking up when the Sun was up. She recalled the look of disdain from Harry when she had woken up later that day, knowing for a fact that he was definitely holding some grudges from the awful 'training' he had. 

Her whole arm was aching and even the tiniest movement made her wince. Well, I did hold my wand pretty tightly, straining every muscle and nerve for Godric know how long, Aine thought to herself as she sighed. She massages her arm, squeezing onto her checkered sleeves as she rests her head on the compartment door of the Hogwarts Express. The cabin felt lonelier now that their red-headed friends had gone back earlier a couple of days ago after hearing the news of their father being attacked. She had missed the twins' bickering and Ginny's constant teasing but what surprised Aine most was how much Ron's absence meant. Who would have known that she would come to miss his whining remarks? She stares blankly at Hermione who was lost in the new book she was reading, wondering what was so amusing when the girl's lips twitched upwards.

Harry, as usual, was gazing out of the train's window, his eyes slowly drooping before he doze off into a small nap, exhausted with the extra mind-control lessons he had just like Aine. 

There was a gloomy air swirling around the three Gryffindors despite the journey back to their homes for the long winter break. They were all worried sick about Mr Weasley since they have yet to hear much news from their friends after they left abruptly one night. All they know was that the Weasley head was safe and recovering well after the attack but after witnessing the snake bite all over Mr Weasley. It was hard to tell until they see him in a couple of days for the Christmas gathering. For another, both Harry and Aine just couldn't shake away the uneasy feeling they felt after catching a glimpse of one of Harry's disturbing thoughts. 

The train ride back to London was quicker than any of the three had expected and when they had arrived at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, Aine had bid her friends farewell before they left their own ways. She watches as Hermione went to her parents and Harry to his sulky uncle who had stomped away before the boy could even utter a single word. Harry turned to Aine who gave him one last smile before he slowly drags his baggage away, blending into the crowd of Muggles. 

"Aine?" the girl jolted slightly when someone peeks behind her. She turned and gave a sheepish smile at the boy who looked at her with worried eyes. "Are you okay, love?" Draco asks in a gentle voice.

Aine nodded, blinking slowly at him. "Yeah. I'm fine, let's go!" she replied, shaking away the anxious feeling. 

Draco lets out a small chuckle before walking over to the young gentleman standing in a distance. His smile quickly flattened away as he subconsciously squeezes Aine's hand, making her turn to him. Aine noticed his nervousness and taps her fingers on his hand, calming him down. "Relax, Draco Malfoy. My brother won't bite," she giggles.

The boy wiggled his brows, cocking his head over to a side, "I doubt that," he replied, looking ahead at Aion who was walking towards them. His subtle frown had faded into a welcoming smile like a flicker of a switch. Then, with a quick introduction of titles, the Estoileon siblings bid Draco a temporary goodbye, knowing that they will be seeing him again tomorrow for the Christmas dinner at their home.

The way back home was quiet and peaceful, however, Aine's mind was screaming because she could see the teasing smirk her brother was giving her when she gave him a sneaky side-eye. "Alright, what is it?" she lets out an exasperated groan, sending her brother a pouty glare.

Aion snickered to himself, feigning ignorance as he shrugged, "Nothing~" he sang.

"Liar," Aine shot back and he nudged her playfully, making the little sister look at him. "Go ahead, tease me. I know you're looking forward to it!" she complains and Aion ruffled her hair.