[ 04 ]

When darkness looms closer, the night sky at the Malfoy Manor was painted with millions of glittering diamonds. Twinkling with their might, the diamond-like stars peered down onto Earth, gracing the souls with their beauty. What seems to be within the grasp of one hand was actually unreachable. Aine and Draco sat side by side on the window still of the balcony of the Malfoy boy's room, gazing up to the navy sky as they admired the painting of the heavens. It was such a breathtaking creation.

"That one right there is the Lyra constellation," Draco pointed and Aine squinted in its direction, nodding her head as she hums.

"What about that one?" She asks, her finger darting to the rather orangey sparkling dot. 

Draco grins as he looked at her, "That's the Eltanin star. It's the brightest star in the constellation of Draco, along with the Rastaban star. They were known to represent the fiery eyes of the Dragon," he explained. Setting the astronomical telescope, he presented it to Aine who looked into the glass. Within the scope, Aine beams at the sight of the glowing orange star that reminded her of fire opals.

"It's very beautiful..." she mutters and Draco nodded along.

"I can see why it's called the fiery eyes of the Dragon," she chuckles, noting the star's flaming colour. Pulling away from the instrument, she studies the sky again and Draco continued to show her the stars of the night sky. In the peaceful quiet night, Aine listened to Draco's stories and findings in silence. She peeks at him, his words about the Ophiuchus constellation slowly muffling out and she noticed the way his eyes soften as he reads through the astronomy book, muttering the information about it. His grey eyes gazing down intently held a glimmer of excitement and his voice was filled with spirit when he spoke. Aine turns her head to glance at his face, his skin was pale but his cheeks were pink even under the night sky. His eyelashes were rather long too and his lips were curling up as he utter the words. 

Not realizing that she was being drawn in, a smile sneaked onto her and she had a thought: He was actually very handsome, even in casual clothes. Though she wasn't quite sure that his idea of casual clothing consist of a thin black sweater and matching coloured pants with loafers. Compared to the informal attire she has seen him wearing during Hogwarts, his current outfit was much more relaxed. Now that she thinks about it, it seems that he was always wearing black apparel, except that one time during the Yule Ball when he wore white. Aine just thought that he looked better in brighter clothing instead of the usual black. However, whenever Draco wore black, he looked even more charming and good looking that it made Aine's heart—

Her eyes widened at her internal thoughts and she immediately jerks away from him, surprised at her own feelings. Her heart palpitated quicker when the realization hits her, what was I just thinking about?! Aine's face heated up and she looks away from Draco's face to recollect herself. Yet, the more she thought about it, why was she blushing? Why was looking at his face making her lose her mind over her running thoughts? Clearing her throat, she found herself taking a peek at Draco once more.

What she hadn't realized was that Draco was already looking at her, so when she turned to him and found him staring at her. Her heart skipped a beat and her pupils dilated when they met his bright grey ones. 

"What's wrong?" he asks her in a soft calming voice.

"NOTHING!" she retorted back a little too quickly, making him raise a brow. She let out a forced chuckle to disguise her embarrassment, making him laugh along with her awkward behaviour.

"Alright, love."

Aine whips her gaze to him, blushing at his sudden play of nicknames. "Wha—"

Draco turns to her, confused.  "What is it?" he asks.