[ 47 ]

After the battle at the Ministry, Aine woke up to find herself back at Hogwarts in the infirmary with Draco by her side. She was surprised to see him there and panicked a little, forgetting that she was no longer in the presence of the Dark Lord. There were a couple of cuts on his face but to Draco, they were nothing besides battle scars. Thankfully, the scars would disappear over time. He chose his side and that was to stand with her, he saw the real side of his father and it gravely affected him. He was disgusted to even think for a second he wanted to be like his father.

The catastrophe that had happened was traumatic to everyone, not only did they fight with Deatheaters and nearly die for it, but they also saw someone dear to them die right before their eyes, and some also learnt the harsh truth. 

Aine for one was thrown off the bus when she learned the lie that her father had so desperately tried to hide. She had not seen her father ever since she had woken, her brother had paid her a visit briefly to shed light on what had happened when she blacked out from the Ministry Atrium. Albeit, Elliot did not visit, not even once. Perhaps he was busy taking care of the remnants of the fight, maybe he was recuperating from the wounds he had from the battle. There were many reasons Aine could think of to distract herself to think otherwise of her father's absence.  

Ever since she found out the truth about the relationship between her and her father, Aine couldn't help but wonder, how were things going to change for them and how her father was going to treat her now. With every way she thought about it, only anger was left and mixed with the betrayal. 

A part of Aine empathized with her father, she wanted to believe him when he told her that not everything was a lie and though he may have held resentment toward her mother, he still loved her very much. But when he wasn't there when she had awoken, she started to overthink it. It was like Voldemort was still taunting her even though he wasn't there, toying with her emotions. And truth be told, Aine was afraid. She was terrified that her father might leave her like how her mother had. 

However, the fact that he had lied to her about who she was and about the truth she so desperately wanted could not be easily wiped away from Aine's mind. It only warped her mind even more, her faith and trust fracturing and the seed of doubt that Voldemort had planted deep in her mind were progressing. She could only ponder on what more her father has kept from her, what he swore to keep concealed in order to protect her and which he deemed unnecessary for her to learn of. She didn't want that. She wanted to know the full story, the entire truth. 

No more secrets, no more lies. 

Only time will time tell her but the longer the girl waited, the more it drove her into madness and blossoming malice towards her father.

 "You sure you feeling better, love?" Draco asks her, gazing at the girl's face. There were bandages on her forehead and arms and the cut on her cheek was still pretty fresh. 

Aine nodded, stretching her fingers out to show him. "Perfectly in good condition! Madam Pomffrey said I was good to go anyways!" she said.

There was a sigh and she glanced at him, confused. "That's not what I meant... Have you managed to speak to your father about it?" he asked. While she was still knocked up and asleep after the battle, Aion had come to visit her twice. Once when Draco was with her, and that was when her brother told him about the story. To think that they both had 'father issues', who would have thought? Still, the idea that Elliot was not Aine's real father had surprised Draco too. Especially since he had experienced first-hand how affectionate Elliot was with her when he had visited the Estoileon's home.

"Not yet," Aine replied, casting a dejected look at her shuffling shoes. "I don't know what to say to him, it still doesn't change the fact that he lied to me and I know the truth, does it?"