[ 13 ]

Later that evening, after Aine was done with the classes she had on that day, she finally met up with her friends momentarily before she was off to detention. She bid Ginny farewell, much to the girl's displeasure. The Weasley girl even pleaded with Aine to ditch her punishment session even knowing that her friend would be in much greater trouble if she did. Sighing, they parted ways with a heavy heart and Aine proceeded on to the classroom she had her Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson earlier.

She was dragging her feet, wondering what Umbridge would ask her to do for detention. She hoped it wasn't something too extreme yet then again, her professor had seemed like a very intense person even in class. The corridors of Hogwarts were dimming as the Sun was setting, leaving a warm glow in the passages. Students were hurrying to the Great Hall except for Aine who was lumbering in the opposite direction, heading deeper into the castle. She wanted detention to be done and over with so she could be with her friends, they're probably gossiping together by now at the Gryffindor table.

What a day... Aine thought to herself, that getting detention in her first Defense Against the Dark Arts class was an achievement since she rarely gets punished. Not to mention, it was due to her telling 'lies' in class. She let out a scoff, crossing her arms as she clutches herself as she walks, this was unbelievable. 

Her train of thoughts came to an end when she stood in front of the classroom door. She took a deep breath before knocking on the wooden door and just as she was about to let herself in, the door opened. 

"Aine?" 

The girl shot up, meeting a boy wearing glasses. "Harry?" she called, puzzled. "What are you doing here?" she asks, happy to see a familiar face.

Harry Potter pursed his lips and rolled his eyes, "Detention, you?" he replies, clearly not in the mood to have detention.

Aine grins, "Same." She walks into the classroom and Harry closes the door. "Sirius and Remus would be proud of us having detention," she jokes and the boy chuckles, nodding.

"Surprised to see you here, I thought you were supposed to be the good student," Harry said, walking alongside Aine towards the short stairway to the professor's office.

"Thought I was one too. Guess not anymore," she shrugs.

They headed up the stairs towards the arched doorway, once a nice polished brown colour had turned dull and it was now stained over with deep pink. What an unexpected makeover Professor Lupin's ex-office had become. Harry grimaced at the sight while Aine simply stifled a laugh. "Well, it is a pop of colour," she commented sarcastically before knocking on the pink door.

"Professor, it's Aine Estoileon."

"And Harry Potter."

They waited, counting down the time and it was only after exactly five seconds did a sweet sugary voice came, "Come in!" it said.

Swinging open the door, Aine and Harry entered the office and immediately cringes at the amount of pink there was in the room. Wow... Aine heard Harry say in his mind, whistling as his voice was full of mockery. Her lips twitched, threatening to curl but she held on to a stony face.

The office was unlike anything Aine had imagined. She had been in here at least twice in the past when it was occupied by a different owner. But never it was so full of colour or... Full of cats. The stoned walls were painted in a light pink colour with hundreds of unique pink plates decorated on the walls, each hosting a different cat that moved. The windows were adorned with flowery pink curtains with lace and plush pink velvet chairs were placed against the walls.

Even the table was stained in a cherry-pink colour with a magenta flower motif mat placed above it, without a question. The stationary were all perfectly positioned and the pencils were all neatly placed, with equal distance between them.  Aine's eyes trailed around before settling on Umbridge's icy gaze that seemed to hold a proud look in her eyes. "Good evening, Mister Potter. Miss Estoileon," their professor greeted.