[ 14 ]

Severus Snape's eyes were cast downwards onto the stack of papers from his students. His bored expressionless pupils scanned left to right before he sighs through his nose, shaking his head as his hand moved across the parchment with his quill, giving a stroke of a big 'X' on it. Then, there was a knock on the door followed by another three knocks that made him annoyed. "Professor, it's Draco," the voice came behind the door. Snape clicks his tongue and looks up, waving his wand to open the door.

"Good evening, professor," he saw one of his students standing by the doorway with an anxious look on his face. He raised a brow and placed down his quill before his hands clasped together.

"To what— Do I owe the pleasure, Mister... Malfoy?" Snape questions, not wanting to be disturbed while he marks his students' works. How bothersome...

Draco gazed down awkwardly before Aine peeps from the side, she waves happily to Snape, "Good evening, professor!" she greeted with a smile that he immediately rolls his eyes. Expecting some troublesome issues in this deep evening.

"What do you two want?" he asks grouchily, glancing back down as he continues to assess the essays, not bothering to look at them since Aine had taken the privilege to welcome herself in with Draco. He snarls down at the paper before marking another big cross over it.

Draco cast a timid look at Aine before he spoke, "She's hurt, professor," he said abruptly without holding back. Well, at this point it's best to let another professor know what their new colleague was making her students do during detention... he thought to himself. Aine nudged him and shot him a look, she was expecting Draco to slowly bring up the topic instead of saying it straight out.

"And what has that got to do with me?" Snape replies, not giving a single ounce of attention.

"I was hoping you could treat her," Draco answers.

"Then perhaps you have made a mistake on coming down to my office at this hour. It is certainly not the infirmary, is it?" the potions professor frowns.

Aine sighed through her nose and tugged on Draco's sleeves, she shook her head. "I shall do that. Sorry for bothering you, Snappy Snape— Professor Snape," she apologizes politely, correcting the way she addressed him. Grinning, she turned around with Draco who grew flustered.

"Hang on a second, Aine!" He urges, holding her back.

"Draco, let's just go. He's busy, look!" Aine jerks her chin to Snape who went on with evaluating the students' works. "He's not even looking at us!"

"But he can help. I'm sure he has something that could heal your hand real quick," he states, giving her a puppy look that made Aine resist. She looks away, feeling another wave of heat on her cheeks. 

"I can just brew something to heal it," she replies, trying to negotiate with him to leave.

"But—"

"If you two are about to have a married couple's argument in here, in my own office— Why don't you both see yourself out? NOW," Snape interrupted, shooting them a scowl that ended the two students' banterings.

"Come on," Draco pleaded, he knew Snape would have something that could treat her awful scarring better, even though he didn't doubt Madame Pomfrey's healing mastery or Aine's skills in potion brewing. She was the best out of everyone he knew, minus his potions professor. He just didn't want her to overwork herself any further than she has today. 

Aine combs back her fringe and decided to give in, feeling tired from the long day. She allows Draco to pull her towards their professor who finally looked up to them both. "So, what's the problem?" Snape asks her and Aine cleared her throat before lifting her arm to show him.