[ 22 ]

The Room of Requirement was once again filled with enthusiasm. With students practising the spells that they have learnt over the week and revisiting some that were even taught to them in their previous years. It was tough work focusing on each student, or as Aine would call it, on each of her friends who were genuinely serious about learning. To bring out the best that they can in each individual defensive spells and charms. 

Harry and Aine would take turns leading the group while Hermione and Ron were mainly in charge of noting each of their friends' strengths and weaknesses when it comes to the spells that they have learnt. The girl would be constantly jotting away little notes about everyone and the ginger-haired boy would be looking over his friend curiously before helping those who are in need. It was nice, the four of them dividing the workload and at the same time, they could learn from one another. 

The four of them would often stay after the D.A class ends, discussing what they could bring into the group and how they could teach better and more efficiently instead of throwing both Harry and Aine under the category of 'teachers'. They all knew that teaching wasn't an easy job and had held more respect for their professors after this learning experience. Though there was an exception and that was none other than Professor Umbridge; also known as the High Inquisitor, 'Defense Against the Dark Arts' professor or as most of Aine's friends would refer to as Toad Face, Pink Lady, Poisonous Pink, Dumbrigde or a more scurrilous term, Umbitch. The list goes on and on, towering with hatred and loathe. It only seems to pile on even more as the days went by at Hogwarts.

It wasn't an easy task trying to avoid suspicions now that the D.A was officially formed and actively training in their secret sanctum: The Room of Requirement, also known as the come-and-go-room as it is always prepped for the seeker's needs. With Umbridge's reign over Hogwarts, escaping from the common room to the Room of Requirement was difficult especially since many eyes were targetting the students. Eyes that belonged to spies, eyes that belonged to Dolores Umbridge.

Though there was yet any call for suspicions, there was no doubt that Umbridge had suspected something going on in her school. She merely knew something was up, but there was no evidence of her assumptions. One could say that no news is good news, for now.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's a wizard's bread and butter, really," said Harry, walking past the two rows of students lining up on either side of his pathway. Hermione, Ron and Aine mix themselves into the two groups. The brunette and the ginger stood opposite Aine while the raven-haired girl stood between Ginny and Luna. "So come on, then, Nigel. Give it your best shot," he added to the Gryffindor boy who stood at the end of the two groups of students.

Nigel's face flushed with pink as he froze on the spot, eyes blankly widening at Harry who gave him an encouraging nod, feeling equally nervous. Within seconds, the young boy flared his nostrils and shouted boldly, "Stupefy!" He slashed into thin air and a white forcefield sent Harry flying backwards, he lets out a grunt before landing with a loud thud. Nigel too was unexpectedly pulled back a couple of feet. He gave a high-pitched shriek as he fell onto the metal floorings grills. He struggles to get to his feet before looking at his wooden wand in a daze, wondering what went wrong.

"Are you alright?" Ron asks, cringing a little. He shot Harry a look before whipping his head back to Nigel who swallowed, nodding profusely and still in slight shock.

Harry manages to stand up after a great deal of stretching his back. He gave Aine a deadpanned look when she was seen stifling her giggle along with Ginny. He glanced back to Nigel and straightens his uniform, "Good! Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done!" he complimented the boy, still feeling a little sore on his sides. He mentally groans, Was this how ageing feels like? Feeling sore all over your body with just one fall. He could only imagine how much he was only going to suffer in the future as he grows older.