[ 41 ]

At last, the day of the exams finally came. Aine and her classmates walked to the examination classroom with nervous hearts, pounding irregularly as they couldn't wait to finish today's paper and be done with it for the year. Ginny strolls next to Aine, mumbling over the definitions of certain spells to herself. They passed by the Great Hall where Umbridge stood at its entrance, simpering as the students walk by. The girls met their Headmistress's eyes as they went by and there was a nasty grin spreading across her wide, slack mouth but they did not give a single ounce of care. Their minds were just too preoccupied to be worrying about a toad-like woman.

As they approached the classroom, Aine took a deep breath before smiling at Ginny as she wishes her friends 'Good luck' before the doors opened. Students took their seats and Professor McGonagall entered with a stack of papers. She handed them down the rows, then she turned to the blackboard and her hand started to write on it:

End-of-Year Examinations - Year 4

Exam: Theory of Transfiguration

Exam commences: 16:15

Exam finishes: 18:15

Once everyone had received their papers, they looked up at McGonagall. She gave them all an encouraging smile before waving her wand, magically conjuring a clock in the air. They had waited until the longer hand struck the number three. The professor then announced, "You may all begin. The exam will commence from now till eighteen-fifteen. Good luck."

Aine inhaled deeply, closing her eyes to calm her nerves. When she was done, her lids fluttered open and she peels the first page. Her golden eyes trail across the first question, absorbing it before she stops and stares at it. Then, her hand began to move along with her quill to answer it when the answer appeared in her mind.

Time was moving both quickly and slowly at the same time and the girl would find the clock ticking away faster when she was stuck on questions. She flips to the next page and her lips curled a little when she saw the word 'Dragon' and immediately, she was reminded of her dragon boy. He would be taking his O.W.Ls today, recalling that it would be Theory of Charms. She realized that she haven't wished him 'Good luck' yet, Aine pouted a little. She then closes her eyes, mentally wishing him hopes that he heard the little prayer. 

Then, she quickly returned back to her test. Draco would no doubt be fine on his own, though he didn't seem like the person who would take his studies seriously, he was in fact a rather studious person. He was even strict with Aine when they were revising once together, pointing out her mistakes without fail and even prompting quizzes at the most importunate times. She gazes back at question seven: 

'Name the spell which was used during the Triwizard Tournament to create the miniature versions of the dragons in the second task. State the incantation and its hand movement to conjure the spell.'

She smirks to herself, I know this one... She moved her quill and wrote the answer down, the blue ink filling the empty lines up: Draconifors spell. The incantation for it is drah-KON-i-fors and the hand movement required is by slashing one's wand at the target.

Aine was on a positive spurt of being able to answer the questions of her exams, it was what she had studied for and she made a note to thank Hermione later when she was done since the older girl had helped her out for the most part, along with Draco.

The sounds of scratching quills filled the air, it was nearly forty-five minutes into the examinations and there was about half an hour to go. Aine looks up, stretching her neck that she had been straining. She was stuck on the third last question and it was irking her. She sighed, gripping her quill as she eyed the back of her friends' heads. Some were dozing away without giving a damn while others were fixed down on the paper. For a second, she could hear all their inner thoughts, all speaking at once and it was overwhelming for her ears but she forces her mind to close off.