[ 31 ]

One by one, the dinner table was becoming an extravagant feast with multiple dishes all sprawled across the scarlet tablecloth. The roasted turkey sitting in the centre of the table was piping hot and fresh, straight out from the oven and glazed with honey sauce, Aine's eyes sparkled at the sight of it and she gulped, trailing over to the array of food— Beef stew, Roasted herbed potatoes with carrots, Brussel sprouts with mushrooms and the Chocolate Mint Yule Log that Aine just couldn't wait to dig in. 

It was a colourful sight to look at, dishes that were brilliantly cooked and plated, vibrant and fragrant. The Estoileon family took their seats, Draco sitting next to Aine while Elliot and Aion sat opposite them. With a wave of Aion's hand, the plates and goblets that Draco and Aine had prepared floated to the table and landed in front of them, the food slowly piling on top of their plates. Everyone's eyes were fixed on the food in front of them, and the three young adults resisted every urge to start stuffing their mouths before Elliot takes the lead. 

The Estoileon head grins at the three of them, watching their beaming smiles that couldn't hide their excitement. A pleasant feeling tickled his chest when he looked at Aion, Aine and Draco, it was always such a miracle to be surrounded by his loved ones and their loved ones that he couldn't help but feel amazed and thankful at the same time. His eyes and nose crinkled, taking a second to treasure the scene in his heart. He takes his goblet and raised it into the air, "Before we get started, let's have a toast, shall we?" he suggested. "Aine, Draco. You can toast with your juice instead," he added.

Aine exchanged glances with Draco, their lips curling as they lifted their glass of sparkling juice since they were underage. Elliot and Aion however had some homemade Elderflower wine. 

"Yeah, because Aine's too young for alcohol," Aion pokes fun at her, snickering. 

His sister gave him a sweet smile and kicks his leg under the table, "Just a couple more years and I'll be able to," she reminded him.

"Actually, she did drink it once," Draco casually brought up, without the intention he was exposing her and the Estoileons whipped their heads to him. He blinks back his confusion. Was he the only one who knew that?

"Really?" the three of them ask in unison, even Aine which in return made the three gentlemen turn to her, raising a suspicious brow.

"Wait, hang on... You did?" Aion questions her, his subtle french accent coming out from nowhere. His jaw hung open slightly before he gave a small whistle, impressed at his little sister. "How was it?"

Aine glanced back and forth between Draco and Aion, trying her best to avoid eye contact with her father who was giving a scary smile, silently demanding an explanation. "I did?" she asks Draco in a soft voice, "When?" she further inquired. She had zero recollection of drinking alcohol. "Wait— Why is this new to me?" she questions Aion who shrugged.

"Why are you asking me, Lianna?" her brother chortles at her quizzical response.

"Well..? Sweetheart?" Elliot asked.

Draco watches as Aine lower her goblet, her pupils wavering as she frowns deep in thought, trying to remember. "I think she had accidentally drank some champagne during the Yule Ball last year," he told them, aiding the girl in recalling.

Aine tilts her head to him, surprised, "Did I now?" 

He nodded, "Mmhm, you were a little tipsy when I saw you at the Astronomy Tower that night. I could literally smell the alcohol on you when you came."

The girl gave a hum, bobbing her head before she shakes it. "I still have no memory of that. How strange. Does alcohol make you forget stuff?" she asks innocently to her father, trying to dodge the topic.