[ 38 ]

A couple of weeks later, the weather had become warmer and Spring was arriving. The winter spirit had passed and the grounds of Hogwarts were now radiating with colours. Flowers began to bloom after sleeping past the cool season and even the Whomping Willow had started to grow leaves once more, further labelling itself as a dangerous magical plant now that it has blade-like leaves all over its branches.

Students stood sprawled across the huge room that they had required, wands at the ready as they attempted the Patronus Charm. Harry and Aine were sifting their way through the mass, assisting their friends. "Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember! And allow it to fill you up!" he states, nodding to his fellow Gryffindor in acknowledgement when he conjured a silver whip from his wand. "Keep trying, Seamus!"

Aine glanced between the Weasley twins who had smacked their lips, tense but excited at the same time, "Alright, Georgie. Your turn now," she directed. 

George swallowed as he stared at the air, hesitantly before Aine spoke again, "You can do it!" she cheered.

Gathering his courage after putting his hesitation behind him. He said clearly, "Expecto Patronum!" and the familiar wispy light emerged from his wand, hissing very softly. 

"You did it!" she beams, clapping with joy before the light faded away. 

It wasn't too bad for the first time, he thought to himself. With a little more practice, he was sure that he would be able to conjure a non-corporeal form of Patronus. He turns to Fred who patted his shoulders before they share a high-five. Then, he tried again.

Aine pumped her fist, encouraging her friends before she moves past them to her peers to help them out. "A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce," she stresses, approaching Ginny who was feeling very inspired. 

Harry continued, giving them glimpses of hope that they could cast their full Patronus, "But shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents!" He stops in his tracks for a moment as his attention draws to the red-headed girl who confidently spoke the incantation.

The girls around Ginny burst out into awe when a horse emerged from her non-corporeal form of Patronus, neighing valiantly as it shook its mane, galloping around the room. "Wow, that was really good!" he commented and the girl smirked at her Patronus, fascinated by it.

"Fantastic, Ginny!" Aine chimed, happy for her friend. 

"This is bloody awesome!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused!" Harry reminded, stopping at his Ravenclaw friend who stood silently. "So focus, Luna!"

"Think of the happiest thing you can," Harry advised Neville, watching his friend create some silver shreds of light.

"I'm... Trying," Neville tells him, still feeling slightly demoralised by his skills. 

Harry smiled at him, nodding his head. "I know. It's good!" he praises.

"This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're doing so well!" Aine applauded, she could see that one by one, her friends were getting the hang of it. Almost half of the class had managed to conjure a full Patronus and various guardians had danced around the Room of Requirement. She beams happily, sharing Harry and her other friends' delight in watching them succeed.

"Expecto Patronum!"

"Oh no..." Ron panics, trying to control his Patronus as it ran wild, knocking Neville off his feet before playing with Hermione's Patronus. 

Aine's eyes drifted to the silvery blue animals around her— Hermione's Patronus was an otter, swimming around the brunette girl as it gurgles enthusiastically, Ron's was a Jack Rusell terrier dog, Ginny's a majestic horse and her older brothers both share the same Patronus, a pair of magpie birds, Seamus's was a fox. As the girl turns around to check on her dreamy friend at the corner, she saw that Luna too, had accomplished conjuring her own guardian and it had been a hare who had bounced and hopped across their heads.