[ 45 ]

Overwhelmed with amusement, Lucius lets out a long chuckle as he struts toward Harry and Draco. His attention was solely on the Potter boy who was still holding onto his dear prophecy. "Did you actually believe— Or were you truly naive enough to think... That, children, like yourselves, stood a chance against us?" he questions Harry, trekking towards him with his serpent cane tapping into the ground. 

He then turned to meet Draco's raging grey eyes and sneered at his son, "My own blood, betraying me," he tutted at the unruly sight of Draco. He was the only one in the group left untouched unlike the rest of his 'friends'. Lucius eyes him down his place, "How disgraceful!" he uttered with venom laced in his words.

Draco's pale face went red at his father's scorns, he clenched his fists. "Let them go, father," he growled at Lucius, narrowing at him. His behaviour had surprised his father but at the same time, it infuriated him as well.

Lucius shot him a glare before whipping over to Harry, ignoring his son's foolish and childish hopes. He extended an arm out and opened his hand to Harry who was huffing as he catches his breath. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, boy!" he spats at him. His smile falters from his face as he was running out of patience to play nice. "Or watch your friends... Die," he threatens.

"Don't give it to him, Harry—!" Neville manages to shout out, only to be silenced by Bellatrix Lestrange. She placed her angled wand to his throat as she grabs his hair, jerking his head backwards. She warns the boy to not be so full of himself unless he wants to end up like his parents.

This greatly shushed Neville, gritting his teeth down at the thought of his parents being tortured by the very woman who was holding him.

Harry looked down, conflicted. The answers he was so desperate to find out are in his hand, and so were his precious friends in his enemies. He glanced around at them: Hermione was whimpering with tears in her eyes, and Ron and Ginny held strong looks on their battered faces, putting up a brave front but he knew that they were equally afraid. Neville was struggling hopelessly under the hold of the crazy woman, Luna, emotionless as if she had given up trying to break free. And lastly, Aine, who was staring straight into his eyes fiercely. 

Her left cheek was bruised and bloodied and despite being in a complete mess, her face hardened into a cold expression. She shook her head at him. None of them wanted Harry to give up what he longed for. He deserves to know more than anyone and it was his right to know too.

'Don't give it.' 

He heard Aine say in his mind. Filled with the dilemma of either saving his friends or giving up the thing he had desired, Harry remained quiet as Lucius jerked a brow, egging him to do as told. The answers were right there, it was so simple. He just had to hand it over, for them to be free, for them to live.

Aine scrutinizes the boy's expression, his furrowed brows slowly easing in concentration as he looked at Lucius with determination. "Don't you dare!" she finally yells out, she didn't care what would happen to her as long as Harry keeps his own prophecy. As a result of acting out, the Deatheater holding her had locked his arm over her neck, slowly tightening it if needed. 

What the hell is with all the choking? She dared to question in her mind. It was the second time of the day and she was getting sick of it.

"Mm-Mm-Mm~" he hums a warning into her ear, sending shivers down her spine. Her breath hitches and she trembles in his grasp. It was useless trying to get away, her wand had been seized by him and was shoved in his side leg harness. She could try to steal it back but it was too risky to do, especially since her friends were still in danger.

Harry raises the crystal ball, without hesitation. He prepares to give it over to the Malfoy head.

"I said don't—" However, Aine's words failed her when a red spark was sent to her from behind out of a sudden. Her knees buckled and her strength left her, sending the girl withering away with painful cries.