-indian-

Y/n Kangmy favourite colour is the colour ofartificial cheese

Y/n Kang
my favourite colour is the colour of
artificial cheese.

==========

Today, you didn't follow Jiwoo back to his house. Hyun supposedly had taken the day off and called today "Family bonding day!"

He was too enthusiastic for a legal adult. Well, since he had taken some time off his work you figured maybe you should put in effort in this "Family Bonding Day!" just the same... even though it was just the two of you.

Hyun was different from you. He was normal. He wasn't born with awakened abilities. Heck, he wasn't even bloody related to you at all. The both of you grew up in the same orphanage, though you had little to no memory of it.

From what Hyun says, the orphanage was sh!t. He was there when you were sent to the orphanage, he was there to witness the infant in a baby carrier being left by her parents.

And for the exchange for an infant, was cash... a whole case of it.

This wasn't just a case of sending a child to an orphanage, this was child trafficking. To say Hyun was disgusted was an understatement. However, he was mere child, what could he do about this? He was the oldest in the orphanage, immediately giving him the task to take care of the other little ones.

And when he was finally old enough to live independently, the orphanage kicked him out. How crude. After a year working multiple part time jobs, he finally had enough money and was stable enough to find a small home.

Next, he mustered up the courage to step back into the orphanage, signed the papers and finally got you out of their filthy hands. You were safe, with him.

When you were able to understand how the world works, Hyun didn't hesitate to tell you this story, unable to keep it a secret from you.

Sure he wasn't related to you by blood, but he was family and that was what mattered.

==========

The moment you opened the front door, you took a look at the mess in front of you and closed the door shut in front of you, thinking whatever that was happening inside would disappear in 5 seconds.

'nothing disappeared'

You opened the door again, still in disbelief. There, in front of you was Hyun. In one hand was a raw fish, and in the other was a frying pan. And on the floor? Were two men wearing all black, seemingly blacked out.

"Oh hey Y/n! You're back! I wanted to  fry some fish for dinner but had a little mishap... Don't worry! They're not dead!" Hyun smiled brightly, oddly reminding you of Jiwoo. Well, it looks like Hyun had the problem handled while you were at school.