-mahogany-

Y/n Kanglook on the bright side

Y/n Kang
look on the bright side...
at least i'm not addicted
to drugs.

==========

The next day, you remembered that promise Jisuk made. Honestly, he only gave you that hope so you wouldn't be off overworking your own body and mind again. He knew how it felt like, truthfully.

Training went as the same as before, but this time you weren't rushing to practice everything in a single go. Why? Because you promised the boy. It's as simple as that.

And after dinner, Jisuk waited for you as he promised. Wow, you almost didn't believe his words. You had honetly thought he told you that just because he didn't want a repeat of the past.

Guess you were wrong...

"Are you warmed up enough yet? Don't want you spraining anything today, your spar is only in a few days," The boy noted, really ensuring you were doing your warm ups properly.

You nodded your head, both of you walking to the centre of the arena. On a count of three, the mini duel would begin.

1

2

3

...

He did not expect that. To say Jisuk was taken aback was only an understatement. Who knew you would tackle the boy to the ground with no hesitation whatsoever?

...The author ofc

But back to the main story, despite being slightly surprised, it did not take much time for the boy to throw you off of him.

Eventhough you were thrown a distance away from the boy, you wasted no time to dwell on the stinging pain in your elbow.

The both of you went back and forth, throwing punches and kicks, and the other only defending. Jisuk was confused, why were you not using your awakened powers at all?

And it doesn't look like you were going to use it anytime soon.

Enough was enough.

The wind whirled as according to the boy's control, as it blasted you away.

"If you're not going to come at me with your full potential, then I don't see this practice being useful at all," he said, causing you to look away in shame.

Right. Why weren't you using your powers? It was just the past anyway.

But what if you accidentally let something out? What if you harmed–

"If you're worried about hurting me, don't. I know how to handle myself. Now stop hesitating and fight me already!" his slightly stern expression softened.