An explanation

hi.   you couldn't already tell, this isn't an update (I don't usually do this and this is kind of my first time but here goes nothing)... And honestly speaking, I don't think there will be anymore. Let me explain.

My first reason is that I am no longer interested in the series... The lastest episodes I read just felt dragged and the current plot isn't that interesting anymore... but who knows, maybe in the future i may just come back into the fandom. Well, that was only the first reason. Here's the second. (It's super long, read at your own risk... or don't read it at all)

I'm tired, devastated and hurt(i guess). Why? This sounds really petty but I'll just say it now since I can't hide it any longer. So today, I decided that I wanted to read some comments and reply to those that I have not read yet. However, when I read some of the comments... i found them quite mean(personally to me)

I really don't want to sound petty, insensitive, and really childish, but when I read those comments about Y/n, my character(or whatever you call it at this point) I don't know... I guess one way I could describe my feelings at that moment was hurt.

Especially during the first few chapters of the book. I'm not intending to target anyone but just some comments like "omg this can't be me" or "she literally have no balls🙄" (If you feel like I'm targetting you or if you feel personally attacked I apologise deeply)

Yeah... comments like those. I keep seeing them, and everytime i read those comments they make me think "oh no, they don't like my writing" and "maybe I'm just bad at writing,"

I guess you could say I get insecure. But some of you still reading this note would ask "if you're insecure about your writing, why do you still publish your book?"

I wanted to share my interest of the webtoon with other people... that's how I usually get motivated to write any kind of books. Do I regret it? No not really, it's just that after reading so many comments disliking how I made Y/n, I've lost total confidence in my writing.

While this books was still in my drafts, I wanted to make a character similar to most people in reality. While some may differ that they do not act as a coward and are ready to step in to help others in need, even in a life or death situation, others fear and prioritise their own life before others.

Hence, I wanted a character that was scared of her past reoccurring again, resulting in said character to panic and shy away. I didn't want my Y/n to be all badass and girlboss in a blink of an eye. I didn't want a character that would act the hero the first time she encountered a life and death situation.

I intended for a chatacter development, for Y/n to slowly grow out of her fear and realise that she didn't have to be afraid. I wanted to slowly build her character, because I want to emphasise the idea of everyone having our own kind of fears and it taking very great lengths to get over it. I guess I could say that I didn't want to write Y/n all girlboss like some of the other books I've read, (they're all amazing books trust me)

Some of you guys reading the story do understand what I was trying to imply in the story, but some I guess you could say couldn't keep their complaints to themselves (it sounds very mean and rude... and if you feel targetted, i'm sorry)

I can tolerate some of the comments, but there is a clear difference between constructive criticism and just plain mean.

And at this point, after reading those comments today, all I wanted was to reply to them, saying "then go write your own book." but I didn't want to disrespect anyone.

If you made it until here, I honestly congratulate you. I didn't think anyone would stay to read this far, honestly, so thank you (^з^)

And I guess while rereading this note once again, it does sound really insensitive, petty and rude in general...but at this point I'm just mentally drained. And I'm sorry if I disappoint any of you. So I decided to put this book and probably my other books on halt.

Who knows, maybe once I find the courage and confidence to write again, I'll come back even better and stronger. And for any of you wanting to continue this book for your own entertainment, you are free to do so...(just don't forget to give half of the credits)

Hence, as a parting gift and as an apology gift, I shall give you this. (I found it on Tumblr)

I stumbled across this after I wrote that special episode

I stumbled across this after I wrote that special episode...what a coincidence. Anyway, farewell my lovelies! Until next time.

Oh, and if you read this until the end, I thank you very much for listening to me, i appreciate it alot. Thank you <3