-cadmium-

「 Y/n Kang 」i am you

Y/n Kang
i am you.

==========

"I see you found me,"

You turned around, finally seeing a face in the endless sea of red and black. Who was she? And how did she get here? 

You did not know how long I had been here, for all you could see was either a sea of red, or nothing. 

"It's quick to lose your sense of time if you spend a long time in here like I did,"

But you did not reply the girl, cautious. The girl continued nonetheless, seemingly not bothered by your presence.

"I used to hate many people. And my hatred turned into obsession, and because of that obsession, I ended up getting stuck here for who knows how long now." The same voice echoed into the abyss. 

'here?' you had no idea of what this stranger was talking about.

"You're wondering where you are, right? You're in the Void. The exact one that I used and got myself into this mess. Everything you saw first-handedly, are my memories. Congrats! you are the chosen winner and got to see what I saw, and feel what I felt," She sarcastically waved her hands. Maybe it was her type of humour? 

Or maybe it was a coping mechanism, assuming she had been in here for longer than you had. Another possibility was that she just had just lost touch with her communicating skills. Then again...she could just be crazy.

Then you noticed, it was the exact same eyes that stared into your soul. Same hair, same nose, same clothes...same everything. The only difference was that in her eyes, there was no more light, no more life, no more passion. Was she dea-

"I'm not dead. Nor am I alive. I cannot live, nor can I kill myself. I am stuck here, in this void alone with my thoughts. Sometimes I think that this is a punishment from god, if there ever was a god anyway. But no matter, I accepted my fate long ago, imprisoned in my own mind in complete isolation. Though, I do feel bad for leaving Jisuk. What a shame, I never really got to tell him I loved him as well," the girl smiled in reminiscence. How ironic, for someone who doesn't seem to have any life left in her eyes, the words she spoke were full of emotion, as if her heart was still beating strongly.

Looking back into your eyes, the girl smiled knowingly.

"What I feel no longer matters anyway, for my body has already chosen another soul to take my place. I am no longer Y/n Kang...you are. And you shall live with that name with pride. Don't feel guilty, you're not at fault. I was, and this seems to be the punishment for my own wrongdoings and I shall accept whatever punishment I receive, even if it means seeing the ones I love live a life without me."

Despite her saying that, your heart still pounded with guilt.

"Did I put too much pressure on you? Don't worry, you're not taking anything away from me. It is my own fault for getting stuck in here." she laughed, seeing the grimace on your face.

"Don't take my words too seriously. Afterall, this is your life now. By the time you wake up, you won't even remember me or the conversation we had. But promise me one thing. When you wake up, live a life y/n kang deserves..." she said, which only made me even more confused. Who the hell were you? If she was Y/n Kang...then who were you before this?