Chapter 22 - The Truth

Enjoy! Unedited. 

__

NICCO only visited Hacienda Alegre twice since he had become Levi's friend. Ngayon, pangatlong bisita na niya rito sa hacienda with a mission to have Chandra on his arms once again. To win her back. To be his woman again. For years, there was no other woman that caught his attention of becoming his wife...'cause he didn't look and find. Only Chandra. Only her that was stuck on his wildest of desires and passion.

Kay Chandra lang niya nakikita ang sarili na magkaroon ng panghabang-buhay. He would have her no matter what ways he would orchestrate. She was the subject of his dearest dream in life.

He seemed so late because these past years, he was fixing the chaos in his life. First, labas masok siya sa korte para sa mga sinampa niyang kaso mga kasabwat ni Clifford, and it was Ava's fiancee--Leonard. He wanted to kill him because Ava had still been in love with him. Hindi niya iyon kasalanan. Ava had cheated on him because of Leonard. That situation alone, dapat na niyang kalimutan ang babae.

Second, he was fixing his career to make it stable sapagkat, kapag mag-se-settle down na siya, he had everything for his wife and children. Third, sinasali siya ng kanyang ama sa komplikadong buhay ng mga royalties. Para lubayan siya ng kanyang ama, he needed to be of service to them for a year.

Fourth, Chandra's career was booming after she had won the singing contest. Hindi niya iyon guguluhin dahil pangarap iyon ng babae. People surrounding the showbiz industry especially the media were lurking everywhere, one move and her career would be ruined. Ayaw niyang maging gulo sa tinatamasa nitong magandang pangarap.

She was enjoying her singing career. She was enjoying her dream. Gusto niyang matamasa ni Chandra ang fulfillment at satisfaction kapag abot na ang mga pangarap. The happiness he felt for her, he didn't want to bring chaos to her success.

But right now, gusto na niyang kumilos because he wouldn't deny. Chandra had a lot of admirers now. Her heart might fall in love with someone else...and that thing, he wasn't sure if that is the case right now. Wala na siyang alam...kung nagkaroon ba ito ng iba o nanatiling siya pa rin sa mga taon na nagdaan. The only thing that kept him hoping was that his love that he felt for her. He might be late to fulfill his promises to her, but he would try to know if her love was the sort that stays.

Possibilities were: She was in love right now with another man. She wasn't ready for marriage as obviously because of her booming career. She could be courted...but not publicly baka daan -daan na rin ang nanliligaw sa babae especially that man named Reamy. He couldn't call him asshole or whatever...but Reamy should back off. You're just jealous.

"I just arrived so I'll rest for an hour or two maybe," the cart stopped. Bumaba siya kasabay ng driver na agad kinuha ang maliit niyang maleta.

They stopped in front of his untouched and unlived villa for how many years. Just like he said, ikawalang beses lang siyang nakabisita sa Alegre at iyon lang din ang times na nakatira siya rito. Hindi naman siya kailangang problemahin ang maintenance kasi may caretaker naman ang bawat villa nilang magkakaibigan. However, medyo sayang lang talaga isipin na walang tumitira.

Just like the most villas here, walang nakatira. They only purchased the houses in order to support Levi and...maybe someday mapag-desisyunan ng iba na magbakasyon sa Pilipinas. It was good to have a place that you can be with your friends for an unexpected or unplanned vacations.

"In the afternoon, Sir, you will have a meeting with the advertising team for the concept and short script reading."

"Thank you," saad niya sa driver nang nilapag nito ang kanyang maleta sa harap ng pinto, inignora muna ang kanyang personal assistant. "What time?"