September 7, 2019

In the Life of a Rose...

I got a call to cover Knives Out, a Rian Johnson film, about the death of a true-crime novelist and a detective trying to uncover the story. I was already captivated by the synopsis so that was the main reason I chose to take on the movie. I wasn't really a mystery kind of person but something about it really caught my eye.

I got out of the shower in a towel and sat in front of my vanity to do my makeup. I had gotten a new foundation, a shade darker than my actual brown skin, so when I did my concealer, it was the perfect shade. I didn't use eyeshadow because my eyelids were naturally pigmented and I just brushed out my brows with a gel. I lined my lips with lip liner before putting on a layer of lipgloss to make it shiny.

I straightened out the high ponytail I had in for the moment before bumping the end. I sliced the bang to the right and did my baby hairs on the left and blasted hair spray to keep it shiny and secure.

Going into my main room, I put on a black pantsuit, a small sheer top and put on the jacket to look professional the way I liked it. I fixed the gray comforter of my bed and my sheets and the pillows and sprayed a fabric cleaner. I reached for the perfume on the stand and sprayed a few squirts on my neck and wrists before grabbing my bag and heels.

At the front, the driver had already arrived and I shoved my feet into the heels, got my phone that was charging on the counter, and headed out. Climbing into the back, I was quietly sitting on my phone as he drove.

I looked up when I heard people chattering and lights flashing around. The car was in a line in front of the paparazzi and I got out of the car before we could reach the red carpet. Going into the crowd, I put on my VIP badge and walked around the open area.

The lights shined on the carpet. There were little pits on the side for fans to get signatures and it continued for interviewers with big cameras to hang out and ask questions with the actors. The carpet continued for the long backdrop of the movie's title for the actors to take pictures; paparazzi yelling for their attention so they can get the perfect photo.

In the distance, I could see Chris Evans getting interviewed and he was showing off his white suit, laughing. I knew that I'd see him but I just wondered if he remembered me from our minor encounter at Harkins but I doubted it.

When I looked up, his eyes met mine, and could see them explode. I froze and immediately turned away, walking in the opposite direction to act as if I had somewhere to go. When I was in the clear, I turned back around to see that he had been dragged away by Daniel Craig to take pictures with the cast.

I really wanted to meet Jaime Lee Curtis because she was in my favorite childhood movie, Freaky Friday. I also wanted to meet Daniel too because he was just an amazing actor. But from the distance, I wasn't too sure about that.

I was taken into the large theater, passing all of the names of the leading actors, directors, and producers, followed by the rest of the crew, and finally, into the guest area. I took the furthest seat on the edge with other strangers and we watched as the main people filled in. I absolutely loved Ana de Armas and Katherine Langford's dresses. I could see that Chris was standing for a few minutes, looking around the room and I took out my clipboard to start organizing my notes. When the beginning credits ended, he finally sat down and the movie started.

Everyone watched quietly as usual and I felt like I was alone when I laughed at the Hamilton reference. The movement on the screen was reflecting on my glassy, brown eyes, and my eyes kept widening with each well-thought scene.

I was caught by the name Ransom, because of its uniqueness when his real name is Hugh, which is boring. But from his first appearance, I knew he was sketchy but I wouldn't have believed it was him. With the way the movie was told, I truly believed it was Marta, even though she can't lie.