January 5, 2020

In the Life of a Rose...

Golden Globes. I had completely forgotten all about it. Lilith had too and she told me a few days ago and had already sent the green dress Freya that I had liked. We were all caught up about the multitude of films, the Christmas Party, and the Oscars but we had forgotten about the Golden Globes. To me, it set off the New Year in the American film industry before the Academy Awards that went for the entire world.

Lilith and Freya had come by to help me get ready. She helped me slither into the green gown as Lilith showed the hairstylist how to fix my hair. The best style was large waves that parted on the side so that there would be a nice bump into the curls. It kind of curved on the inside, making it short and I felt like I was in the 50s.

Putting on the silver jewelry: long, dangling earrings, a wide necklace, and some bracelets that were supposed to go on top of the satin gloves that reached the top of my forearms. As I knew, the emerald looked beautiful on my dark completion and I felt like a queen.

"Thea, your ride's here," Lilith told me.

"Oh okay."

"When the bell rings at twelve, the magic will wear off," she grinned as I got in. "Good luck Cinderella."

The sun was still out as the car pulled onto the drive way. Lights and cameras were flashing nonstop and I took a deep breath before getting out of the car. I thought I'd be able to stay hidden but I guess green was eye-catching since every photographer was shouting my name.

I strutted on there carpet, reaching the open area where the backsplash was for celebrities to take photos. I liked being the center of attention, it was nice. I changed my pose a few time so they could get the rest of my dress before I moved on.

"Thea!" a interviewer called out. She grabbed my attention and I went to her, the microphone she was holding placed between us. "So, tell us, what designer are you wearing?"

"I'm wearing FREYA," I answered. "She's new in the fashion industry and I'm the first to debut her new line of clothing. I think she will make a mark."

"Just as you have," she said. "I think you look amazing in this gown. With the gloves and hair, it's so classy."

"Thank you."

"Who do you think will win?" she asked. "We know Joaquin Phoenix and Joker has been nominated for a few categories."

"Although I enjoyed Joker, a lot of other films and actors do have the chance to win," I smiled.

"You're right," she agreed. "Thea, there is a question everyone wants to know about something. Well, someone."

"And what's that?"

"We want to know about you and Chris Evans. Is there something going on between you two?"

I felt my heart be squeezed by her question and I went blank for a split second before bursting out into a sarcastic laugh. It sounded condescending and rude, but I didn't care. "No, there's nothing going on."

"Alright, then!" she practically yelled into the microphone. "That's it for Thea Davis." I kept up an artificial smile until I saw the light of the camera turn off and I slowly drifted away from her.

"Ana!" I called out. She turned, her blue, sparkly gown moving along with her and she approached me for us to hug.

"It's so good to see you again," she said as we took pictures together. "I'm so excited, I was nominated for an award."

"Wow! That's amazing!"

"As if you don't already know."

"I honestly don't," I said. "I do hope you win."