December 20, 2020

In the Life of a Rose...

My knee was pulled up and pressed against my chest as I was supposed to be typing on my laptop. I rested my chin on my kneecap and stared outside as it snowed. Chris had covered the hot tub and I watched as the snowflakes piled on top and the rest of the ground.

"It's snowing," Chris spoke and I lifted my head, beaming at him.

"It's so pretty," I smiled. "I haven't seen snow in a long time and this... it's beautiful." He lightly chuckled and came and sat across from me, his hot drink steaming in his mug.

"Scott said he was craving some donuts and a breakfast sandwich," he began, "wanna come with?"

"Uhm..." I trailed off. I looked at the review page I was making and since I was almost done, I could finish it later. "Yeah, sure."

"We're staying in the car, obviously."

I nodded, got up, and finished buttoning my white and black flannel. Checking myself in my phone's camera, I then put on slides and followed Chris into the garage. We got into his car and I was confused as to why we didn't wait for Scott when he backed out.

"I'm picking it up," he told me.

"Oh! Okay." I connected my phone to the aux and started playing music. I was humming along to some random song, looking at the falling snow. Irrationally, I rolled down the window and stuck my hand out.

"What are you doing?" Chris questioned.

"Touching the snow," I replied, pulling it back up. "You're lucky I'm not eating it."

"I wouldn't be surprised."

We made it to some restaurant that I assumed was only predominant in Massachusetts because I had never heard or seen of it. Chris said that I'd like the place and it was the same thing he said about Cane's. Once I got a breakfast burrito, Chris and Scott an entire plate, he then drove to Krispy Kreme.

"Can I get a dozen donuts, half of them glazed and the other assorted?!" he practically shouted to the microphone, his accent coming out. He turned over to me and asked, "Want anything else?"

"A soy coffee."

"And a coffee with soy!" he restated over. The worker let us go forward and we were stuck behind truck. Once it drove away, we rolled in front of the window where we put on our masks.

"Hey Chris," the worker said. I wasn't sure if they knew each other but it seemed like seeing Chris Evans was normal to him; or, he didn't care. "$10.78."

"Here ya go," Chris said passing him a twenty. He received money back and slid it into his wallet and leaned over, stuffing the thick black leather into his back pocket. He then reached over to grab the items and passed me my coffee before putting the box in the backseat. "Alright, thank you."

"Thank you," I added before Chris drove off. I sipped my coffee and hummed that it tasted good. We were at a red light and he was about to take a right turn when a speeding car drove past he stepped on the brakes and stuck an arm out, preventing me from leaning forward when the seatbelt did the job.

"Shit!" he cursed. He then waited for the green light to make the turn and I finally released my strong grip on the paper cup. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Fucking asshole," he muttered.

We then made it home safe and I grabbed the box of donuts while Chris grabbed the food and went inside. Scott was excited to see the food, not us, and took it from his brother.