June 30, 2023

Supposedly, Chris asked me out on a real date since we had never done that. I didn't consider sitting in a parking lot and eating Cane's as a date because that's what ordinary friends did- and go to Gulf n' Stuff and get kicked out.

I slid on a mauve and white dress was lowly cut and had a split in the side that slung upward towards my right hip. The straps were thin and the bust was corset-styled; it fit me perfectly. I put my hair into a slick, low bun and did my makeup fairly to bring out my natural features. I couldn't forget to wear gold jewelry and I slipped on a pair of white heels.

I grabbed a small purse and started heading for the door. My Camaro was parked in the front and I went to it, typing in the address he had sent me. When I got off the freeway, I noticed that the location was where the cast of Knives Out had gone after the premiere many years ago. It was nice that he remembered that I liked Second City Bistro and it was odd that ever since then, I hadn't been and it was on my mind.

When arrived, the sun left a mark in the sky that was now purple and orange with accents of blue clouds. To me, it felt like a surreal dream. A group of people were just heading out and the last person held the door for me and I walked in, greeted by the piercing blue eyes that bestowed upon me. A smile fell on my face and it widened as I approached the handsome man in a cuffed, white button down and khakis. He placed his hand in the curve of my back when we hugged and I lightly kissed him on the cheek.

Where I sat, was a long booth bench that other people sat but there was a generous amount of space between us. Chris, however, sat in a single chair across the from me where he had already ordered a glass of wine and another of lemonade.

"Thank you," I said, sipping the cold drink. I sighed, feeling refreshed from the humid weather even though it was nighttime.

"Hi, what can I get for you tonight?" the woman working asked.

I hadn't gotten a chance to look at the menu yet and Chris already placed his order: the ribs I had gotten last time, which he was blatantly jealous of. I scanned the menu a few times before saying, "I'd like the tomato-basil soup and filet mignon and shrimp, please."

"Alright," she said, writing it down, "Is there anything else."

"And the New York Style cheesecake for dessert."

"Okay." She beamed once more, especially at the famous Chris Evans, before going back to the kitchen.

"New York eh?" he said. "I heard you were there for a while."

"Yeah, just a change of scenery," I admitted. "But I'll always come back to LA."

"Didn't you like Boston?"

"I did. I did. But I didn't really get to experience it because I couldn't go outside."

"I mean, now that COVID's gone, maybe you can."

"Are you trying to ask me to go back with you?" I questioned, a smiling riling on both of our faces. I held up an accusing finger and he set up his hands. "Oh, Chris!"

"It was just a thought," he stated. "We can have pasta and cheesecake every night forever."

"That sounds great." My glistening eyes settled and I slowly shook my head. "You see that I couldn't stay away from LA for too long."

He halfheartedly smiled at my response. After, the waitress came by with our food and set it before us on the table. I told her that we were fine for the moment and when she left, we dug into our food.

"I finally get this," he sighed. "This shit is so good."

"I know," I agreed, remembering the taste from the scent. "This is good too." From the soup, I moved on to the filet mignon and shrimp that was on top of grilled spinach, with a side of roasted potatoes.