May 5, 2021

In the Life of a Rose...

"Feliz Cinco de Mayo," I smiled to Chris, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "We should do something today, something fun."

"Like go to the ice cream store," he thought and I beamed. Since we were still in LA, La Michoacana was easy to find, especially since there was one down the street.

"And we should pick up some birria tacos."

"I don't know what that is but I like tacos," he stated and I laughed. "I'll go get ready. What's the attire?"

"Hot or chic." He nodded and went upstairs. I was about to go up when I felt my phone buzz. There was a text from Zendaya, wanting to know if I could show up for a photoshoot with her. Usually, Lilith would plan these but I guess Z's was out of the blue. I was about to agree but I had just planned a day with my boyfriend.

I ran upstairs and went to his room to find him already taking a shower so I retreated and figured I'd ask him after. Since I had already showered the night before and was still clean, I put on a sky blue and white flannel that I tied under my bra and put on some straight jeans. My hair was out naturally in its curls so I picked it out more and applied small makeup since we still had to wear masks.

I shoved on some Air Forces and sprayed perfume. Before stepping out, I grabbed a small white bag and left the room. Chris had gotten ready at the same and he looked at me as if there was something wrong with my outfit. He was the one wearing a tight white shirt that revealed his chest and tattoos, and some brown khakis. And, I would never forget his Boston hat.

I watched as he returned to his room and came out with another Boston hat that he shoved on my head. He stepped back, satisfied, before going downstairs.

"Okay?" I huffed, confused. I followed him down and he grabbed his keys but then I stopped him. "We should take my car... and you're driving."

He eagerly tossed his keys away and grabbed mine, running out of the door to hop on. He wasn't gentlemanly enough to hold the door anymore and shouted for me to hurry up as the hood folded back.

"I'm gonna blast music," he told me when I closed the door. As he promised, the radio was playing loudly as he drove down the street. I could tell he didn't care about the cameras watching us as he interacted with them by sticking out his tongue and shaking his head.

"Chris!" I laughed. "The light's green!"

He held his breath and pressed on the gas. We reached the taco place and went in to order birria tacos. He decided to pay and when we came out, he was expressing how good it smelled in there. He was already excited to eat the food so we stay in the parking lot.

"So," I began, placing the cup of soup in the holder and opening the plate of soft tacos, "squeeze limón y cebolla o cilantro on your taco, entonces, dip it into the consomé."

"Okay," he said softly, too hungry to even care about the order. Although he did put everything on to eat it correctly and he dunked half of the taco into the soup. He made sure it didn't drip on its way into his mouth and I heard him moan. "Yup! This shit is good!"

"I know," I smiled, beginning to eat mine. Behind his head, I could see people taking pictures of us and my emotions just flipped.

"Don't worry about them," he said. "Worry about your food."

"Okay," I softly chuckled. "I can't really worry about my food."