𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟏

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 1 - A FRIEND?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Hey, what are you doing?❞

(Y/N) was a curious girl in nature, and she couldn't help but approach her fellow middle schooler that was glaring at the ground so frustratingly. She tilted her head when he didn't respond. She waved her hand in front of him. "Hei hei~! Hei hei!" She called out. The ravenette in question, froze when he met her (E/C) orbs. The female finally smiled when the male finally looked at her. "Good! You won't see anything if you continue looking down at the ground like that, right?"

Her eyebrows furrowed in concern when he averted his gaze. She sat on the ground, not minding her clothes were dirtied. "What happened...? Did you lose something?" She softly inquired. She didn't expect that she was going to be right until the male glared viciously at her. She hummed. "I see... Losing, huh?" The volleyball player glanced at her, confused as to why she was talking to him. "That's rough, you know?" Navy blue eyes widened slightly in surprise. She was actually empathizing with him?

"You give everything, you even sacrifice things like your time and energy, even your relationships with others... only to end up not being rewarded." (Y/N) smiled at the visibly confused Kageyama. "But, you know, losing might not be bad at times. You think that you can't gain anything, still it actually makes you grow. It lets you look back on what you have done and what you could have done to reverse those mistakes."

The ravenette's eyes fluttered in confusion. Just... who was this girl that had approached him? He couldn't read her at all. But, all he knew was that... this woman was someone... strange. Heck, who would even approach a stranger like that? Only people would extremely great conversation and communication skills can do that. He gazed at her, examining the crescents that formed whenever she smiled. Those features were enough for him to tell she was at the same age and grade as him.

(Y/N) grinned and stood up to roughly pat his back. Kageyama coughed, a soft glare on his expression as he stared at the mysterious female. "Don't worry, man, you'll be fine. Who knows? Maybe you'll reach greater heights after this... Or maybe even find something that is unforgettable to you." The woman wistfully looked up at the orange skies. The ravenette's lips parted. The way she spoke reminded him of his beloved grandfather. The look on his face changed as he earnestly gazed at her.

The girl blinked at him before softly simpering at him. "That's a fast change of mood." (Y/N) chuckled and rummaged her jacket's pockets. Kageyama inclined his head at the side. Just what was she doing? He can't read her. He stayed quiet until the teen pulled out orange candies. He took a step back once he saw her walking towards him, but he didn't reject her when she gently gripped his wrist and put the candies on his palm. "Here."