𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟏𝟖

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 18 - HELPER!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Awake again...❞

(Y/N) muttered to herself in exasperation. She glanced at the rooms and sweatdropped to see some hands falling from the bed. Yeah, as expected... volleyball players move a lot when they sleep, she thought in amusement. She went inside the kitchen, blinking in surprise to see Kunimi busy with his phone. "Good morning, Kunimi. You're already awake?" She abruptly inquired.

Kunimi flinched at the sudden interruption, but he visibly relaxed at gentle (E/C) orbs meeting his lethargic ones. "Ah, yes, Iwaizumi-san was moving so much." This earned a chuckle from the (H/C)-haired girl. "Oh, by the way, good morning, (Y/N)-san."

"Yep, good morning again," (Y/N) greeted before taking a seat beside him. She glanced at him and furrowed her eyebrows at how shaky his hands were. "You look like you're having a hard time staying awake. You didn't eat yesterday, so would you like me to cook something for you?"

The dark-haired male blinked before looking up at her in surprise. "Is... that alright?"

"Of course." (Y/N) patted his head and rose from the seat. She looked around, humming. "I don't hear Toshi, did he take a run outside?"

She... can hear that? Kunimi marveled. "Yes, Ushijima-san asked me if I wanted something and I accidentally mumbled out coffee. I hope he doesn't buy some."

(Y/N) laughed. "He'll definitely buy some, Kunimi. It's Toshi you're talking about after all." She examined the free ingredients inside the refrigerator and nodded to herself. They're athletes and this shouldn't be too heavy so... Spanakopita it is. She washed her hands and talked, "Toshi may not look like it, but he's—what's the word? Kind? Hm, no, I think caring would be the right word to fit him. Earnest, too. In volleyball, he might resemble a monstrous beast who's very arrogant, but he's actually just very confident in himself."

"He's also super blunt. People may see him as tactless and rude, but he's just very honest about his thoughts. I love people like that." (Y/N) started cutting the cheese that was set on the side. "If Toshi was such a self-centered person, he would refer to himself as 'I' when playing volleyball. But he doesn't. He always says 'we'. And... if he was so mean, he wouldn't be such good friends with Tendo-san."

Kunimi blinked. That's true. Tendo-san is quite strange, but Ushijima doesn't really mind what he does. "Yeah... he's... different from what I expected." (Y/N) tilted her head at him, curious to know what his further thoughts were. He looked down and explained, "I mean... I'm from Seijoh, so... it's natural that our opponents are Shiratorizawa. Even back in middle school, Oikawa-san didn't really like him, which is why I started... judging him as a person."