𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟗

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 9 - SOMETHING ABOUT YOU

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Why am I drinking so much coffee...?❞

(Y/N) questioningly remarked to the two energetic Lev and Hinata. "Obviously, because it relaxes me. Why do you ask?" She tilted her head, eyebrow raised at the strange question. Well, it wasn't really strange... It's just that... their question was similar to a child's. It had this innocent, kid-like wonder that is hard to answer. "Is it weird for someone to drink coffee? I think not." She sipped on the cup of coffee she had just brewed after helping Lev, Hinata and Kageyama with the crossword puzzle.

"It's not like that, (Y/N)-san!" Hinata assured her. "It's just... I really think that tea would suit you more," he trailed off. It was still early, and the same people were here, so they couldn't help but observe and listen to their conversation. They were the only ones making sounds after all. Kuroo was scrolling down on his phone, sometimes cutting in the first year's conversation or asking Kenma and Akaashi about something. The rest of the first years were focused on solving the crossword puzzle, however Lev and Hinata seemed especially curious about something.

Lev nodded in agreement. "True that... (Y/N)-san has this elegant feels to her, I don't even know why..." he murmured.

(Y/N) accidentally spat out some of her coffee and laughed after Kuroo exasperatingly gave her a handkerchief to rub her skin to. "Hahaha, thanks Kuroo-san! Also, me? Elegant? Where? I'm so far from that, Lev. Didn't you see me arriving at the gym yesterday with drenched clothes and messy hair? That's far from elegant." Thank goodness I'm quite confident at my lying skills. She averted her gaze slightly before looking at them in the eyes again.

"Of course, I saw that! That's one of the most unforgettable things I've seen, you know!" Lev stated.

Kuroo nodded, grinning. "You don't see a lady with an owl on her head everyday."

"Thanks for your honesty." (Y/N) sardonically smiled.

"Now that you mention it, Lev's actually right about (Y/N)-san having this elegant vibe around her. Sometimes her manners are like some royal cohorts, she's super polite, too," Hinata said.

Hinata...! Where did you learn the word 'royal cohort'? Oh my gosh, I'm so proud! (Y/N) cried comical tears, earning sweatdrops from the listeners. "Nah, that definitely ain't true." She stretched her arms and glanced at Akaashi's novel. "Oh! That's a great novel Akaassan, what part are you on right now?" She asked, head tilted in curiosity.

Akaashi blinked and answered, "The part where the Oni and his star-crossed lover meet."

"Whoa! You were just on page fifty three earlier when I arrived and now you're on the hundreds? Wah, that's fast," (Y/N) stated.