𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐𝟖

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 28 - THERE IS NO ME WITHOUT YOU

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Eh? I went here to help, but why am I suddenly resting...?❞

(Y/N) muttered to herself as she sat on top of her futon with legs crossed in front. She sweatdropped, recalling how Hoshiumi, Suna and Kita kept on insisting her to rest and stay inside her designated room. She laid down on the blanket and looked at the ceiling. Being alone feels peaceful but lonely at the same time. What should I even do at times like these?  

She flinched, horror striking her. "Shit, I forgot to update Tobio yesterday...!" She cursed. She ran to her bag and took her phone, only to see twenty missed calls and more than fifty messages from her notifications. "Bad shit!" 

She quickly opened her phone and looked at the time. 9:15am... He's awake, right? She hesitantly pressed on her bestfriend's number and gulped nervously at the sound of the phone calls ringing in her ears. She yelped when her bestfriend answered almost immediately

"Tobi—"

"How are you? Where are you right now? Do you need me to go there?" (Y/N)'s heart warmed at the questions. Kageyama was usually considered stoic and hot-tempered, but she has always wondered about the fact why him and everyone are so nice and worried about her so much.

It was something she wasn't used to. The comforting warmth and gentleness she would always get nowadays that is. Yet in the bottom of her heart, she can't help but crave for it more. 

A hearty chuckle left her lips. "I'm doing great, just a little exhausted, Tobio. I'm here at Nagano, inside my room. And no, I'm good, please prioritize yourself and your training first. Thank you for asking," she answered. 

She heard a thump on the other side and became worried. "Ha..." 

"Tobio...?! Dude, are you alright?" 

"Yeah, yeah. Just... relieved." On the other side, Kageyama was running a hand through his hair. He was crouching and gripping his shorts tightly. He ignored the looks he got from his teammates and the players from the other teams. He sat on the wooden floor of the gym and looked up at the lights. "Tell me what happened." 

"Ah..." (Y/N) smiled sheepishly and recounted the events from yesterday. She heard her bestfriend hum and let out short comments to let her know that he was listening.

Honestly, she felt really lucky. She couldn't trade anything like this for the world. 

Though... sometimes... Kageyama is a little aggressive when showing his care towards others, no?