𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐𝟒

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 24 - EVERYTHING I'VE WENT THROUGH MADE ME 'ME'

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝And after that... I travelled all over Japan for three years.❞

Lighthearted and nostalgic chuckles left the young Deiern's lips, gazing at the sun rising in the horizon. "In order to fix the issues that the nereids and onis made, I had to do a lot and travel to use my powers for the good of the humans. As a result, I made a lot of connections and yeah... eventually, I decided to stay in Miyagi, since it is the only prefecture I know a lot about," she explained.

"Mother and I moved, but since she also roams around for long periods of time, she doesn't really know where our house is." The (H/C)-haired girl tried to look up at her bestfriend to see his reaction, but he had his chin resting on top of her head and he was hugging her so tightly that she couldn't move.

She looked down, continuing, "Actually, before the two of us met, Mother told me that Noi-san and Akina-san got married. I think I got a little sad at that time. No, that was a lie already. I told you guys, right? That I felt heartbroken. That I felt like I was going to give up. But..."

(Y/N) smiled, eyes crinkling fondly.

"Thanks to that, I met you, Tobio."

"I saw you looking down on your own, and I wanted to help. I don't know what you were doing back then, however, I'm so glad I talked to you!" (Y/N) turned to him, spreading ehr arms and grinning widely. "If I didn't, I wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be able to meet so many people who will care about me." She rested her forehead on top of his chest, sighing. "So... Thank you, Tobio. For listening and... everything."

He hasn't been talking for a while... (Y/N) stiffened. It must be a lot to take in. She pursed her lips nervously. Of course it, your friend isn't a human being and has been keeping this big secret for a long time. Who wouldn't be shaken? She felt trembling from him and became alarmed and concerned. "Tobio? What's wro—"

"Why... Why didn't you... tell me this sooner?"

Kageyama had his eyes shadowed by his bangs, hiding his expression. He gritted his teeth, gripping his friend's shoulders tightly as he desperately shouted out, "Why didn't you tell me the weight on your shoulders?! Why didn't you... just express your feelings sooner?! Why...?"

"...Just why?!"

(Y/N) only blinked at his outburst, a soft smile etched on her beautiful and lovely face.

"Because I really knew... I knew that..." The medical journalist came to face her bestfriend, only to see tears streaming down his face.