𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟏𝟗

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 19 - STRUGGLE OF BEING 'STRANGE'

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Bye! I'm going to take my shortcut!❞

(Y/N) said with a huge smile. She was waving her hand, her figure beginning to separate from her teammates. Before she could even continue walking, a body slammed towards her. She was about to fall, but her arms were grabbed tightly. She looked up to her savior and was about to thank them in gratitude. "Oh, hey, thank... you..." She trailed off. The color on her face draining at the sight of Sugawara smiling at her. There was something... amiss on the huge curve of the third year's lips.

Is it just me or does this not look like Sugawara-san's usual smile...? thought the medical journalist.

"(Y/N)-chan, where do you think you're going?" The first year froze in the spot. Sugawara never called her with a -chan. Her face said that she was totally doomed. Sugawara chuckled and put his hands on her shoulders. "You shouldn't be taking a shortcut! Come on! Go on this journey with us!" His voice was underlying with such an ominous feeling that even the other members of Karasuno had to stand straight while suppressing the shivers running down their spines.

Sugawara stopped, patting her back and gesturing her beside a certain sardonic blonde in the team. "Tsukishima, why not take a look after her for us?" The bespectacled male was about to refuse, but seeing the dark atmosphere around his usually kind and motherly senior made him agree hesitantly. The vice captain clapped his hands. "Good! Thanks in advance!" He walked away, leaving Tsukishima and (Y/N) quietly standing by the sides.

However, the vice-captain couldn't help but send a concerned glance her way. Is it just me or... is she acting quite strange? "Hey, Daichi, I know (Y/N)-san is strange, but there's something even stranger with the way she is acting right now," he remarked.

Daichi blinked before bobbing his head slightly. "I agree. She's... you know...? A little weak? Or maybe... she's exhausted at the moment?" He sighed, grabbing his head with a troubled look. "I don't know. I can't read her."

"Hahaha! What a coincidence! Me, too!"

Meanwhile, the medical journalist glanced at the blonde and tugged his shirt. "Tsukishima, you don't have to do this if you don't... want to."

Tsukishima silently harrumphed. "Sugawara-san told me to do it and the third years already agree with him, so I don't have any choice, do I? And, my only job is to look after your wandering ass going to ridiculous shortcuts. It's an easy job." It's not. He looked at the side, not even minding the fingers holding his hem of his cloth. He noticed his teammates going inside the bus and grasped her hand. "Come on, let's go."