𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 2 - EXCUSE ME, BUT WHO?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝So hot...❞

(Y/N) fanned her face as she sat on the rooftop of Karasuno High. As much as she wanted to visit her friend at his volleyball practice, she felt too languid. She wouldn't hesitate to waste her energy to check out Kageyama, but she was just so tired today. A sigh left her lips. Her attention was diverted when the door from the rooftop opened. She rose from her laying position. The ends of her lips curved downwards to see Kageyama with a frown deeper than usual. She raised a hand. "Yo, Tobio."

Kageyama placed his bento beside hers and greeted her with his arm raised, "Good afternoon, (Y/N)-san." The female smiled softly and returned his greeting wholeheartedly. He sat by her side and crossed his legs. Silence overtook them for a minute, before he mumbled, "We lost against Seijoh."

(Y/N) softened and looked up at the skies blanketing on their heads. "I see..." She felt a hand gripping her arm, she blinked to see Kageyama with pursed lips. She sighed and slung her arm around the male's shoulders. "Everything is going to be okay, Tobio," she assured him. Kageyama gazed at her for a moment before nodding. He really needed her comfort. It saved him multiple times now. "Listen, don't ever forget the frustration you're feeling now, and use it as your strength."

She grinned at him, nuzzling her cheek on her friend's. "For you, that will be easy. That disappointment and anger of losing... keep it inside you and let it explode once you're in the court. You will surely scare and beat a lot of your opponents when you do that." Kageyama leaned towards her touch and bobbed his head. (Y/N) patted the back of his head. "It's been a while since we last ate lunch together, huh? Maybe a month?"

"Yeah, it is," Kageyama responded, nostalgia in his tone. He missed these times of spending time with his only female friend. He didn't talk about her that much to his teammates, and they don't even know her, yet he always makes sure to make time for her. He turned to her, remembering her words when they finished taking the entrance exams. "Inter-High is done, so you will be joining the team, right?"

"Yep, I still don't know when though, I'll just suddenly pop out from nowhere as always, I guess," (Y/N) said.

The ravenette felt a smile etching his lips. "That's (Y/N)-san-like."

His friend looked amazed yet horrified at the same time. "You're being soft towards me, and you even smiled. I'm veryyy not used to it, mister. It's so scary yet you feel so sweet and wholesome, at the same time," The girl frankly told him.

Glaring at her, Kageyama forcefully took some food with her spoon and fed her. "Shut up, just eat."

"Hwei hwei~" (Y/N) slurred as she bit on her food. "Hey, Tobio." She poked on his cheek, earning his attention. "You wouldn't mind waiting for me another three days, right? I'm just going to settle my paper works to quit the gardening club."