𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐𝟐

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 22 - TALES OF THE PAST PT.1

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Why are you guys looking at me like that?❞

(M/N) sweatdropped at the interested-looking teens staring at her. "Like seriously, stop that. What do you want?" She inquired, crossing her arms while also feeling absolutely exasperated at their behavior. She smirked, twirling her hair around her finger. "If you want to know my daughter's childhood stories, then ask away. Of course, I will not answer if my baby is not comfortable with it."

(Y/N) glanced back from the kitchen and gently reprimanded, "Mother~ make sure not to overdo responding to all of their questions."

"Yes, sweetheart. Don't worry," The older lady assured her daughter with a smile. She turned to the curious filled males sitting in front of her. "So, what do you want to know?"

"W-What was (Y/N)-chan like as a child?" Nishinoya stammered.

"(Y/N) as a kid...? Hm, let's see..." (M/N) pondered for a bit before smiling in a nostalgic way. "She's still the same. She's still the kind, considerate and beautiful (Y/N) you all know today. Still if I were to say what's different, then I believe she's more relaxed yet secretive nowadays—" Cue said lady flinching at that. "—However, (Y/N) is (Y/N), she's my beloved daughter, so I don't care. Never seen her get mad or cry though."

Yaku, who had just taken a seat beside the stunned teens, trailed off in surprise, "You've never seen her snap either, (M/N)-san...?"

Akaashi nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's amazing." But, kind of terrifying at the same time... If that's the case does she get to properly express her frustration? He thought to himself and glanced at (Y/N) who was teaching Bokuto and Lev to cook. I don't know why it feels so scary for me.

"Yep, my whole life I've been with her, never have I ever seen her get angry or some of that sort. Sure, she frowns, pouts and raises her voice, but it's not like she's feeling really pessimistic or angry, she's just joking around most of the time," (M/N) answered. A second afterwards, she sighed and rested her head on the table as she mumbled, "As her mother, I wish she would open up more, even to me, she's so mysterious."

Even to her mother...? She's like that? Kuroo noted, shoulders tensing at how closed off and distant (Y/N) can be at times. Sure, most of the time, she was really comfortable to be with and she can easily to talk to others, but... there were more instances where she would build up walls so that no one can see her weaknesses. It was completely fine though. For her to show what she fears and such. He just... doesn't see why (Y/N) feels the need to hide all that.

Kenma blinked and observed (M/N). If (Y/N) is a nereid, then does that mean that her mother is, too? Seeing her mother, it kind of became obvious where (Y/N) got her features and personality. (M/N) had the same unpredictable gaze his friend had. Although their hair had different colors, the way they styled it was the same. And, (M/N) had cyan colored locks, which exactly described what sea nymphs looked like in books.