𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐𝟕

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 27 - 'HER' IN ACTION

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝Are you really really reallyyy sure about this... Shinssan?❞

A low chuckle left Kita's lips. He turned to the concerned (H/C)-haired girl who stared at him with a soft gaze. He lifted his hand, using it to pat her head. When the nereid was about to tie her shoelaces, she was beaten by Kita, who was previously fixing his jacket, kneeling in front of her. An uncharacteristic yet an undeniably gorgeous smile etched the captain's usually stoic expression.

(Y/N)'s cheeks turned a pink hue at his sweet gesture. She pouted, pursing her lips. "Shinssan, if you do that, I'll misunderstand and fall for you, you know?"

"That's what I'm intending to do," Kita casually said, tying her laces on a double knot, just in case that it may loosen while they walk to their destination later. He was looking on the ground, so he didn't see the way the girl exploded at his blunt statement. Once he was satisfied with his work, he held her hands and helped her stand up. "Come on, we should be heading out now."

(Y/N) looked at him for a moment before nodding with a smile. "Yeah." She followed him outside. And since she knew that Kita didn't prefer speaking that much, she decided to not bother him and hum to herself.

Hearing her soft humming made Kita simper a little, but, seeing the uneasiness in her body language made Kita furrow his eyebrows in concern. It was there ever since she arrived, however she was so good at hiding it by smiling and striking up conversations with them. He stopped walking, causing the lady to stop in her tracks as well.

She turned to him with a questioning look that made Kita inquire, "(Y/N)-san, can I ask where we're going?"

"...Into the farthest parts of Nagano. I've got to confirm something there," answered the medical journalist frankly. Hearing the firmness and seriousness in her tone was new to Kita. He knew her as an easygoing and optimistic person, so seeing her like this...? He wasn't sure what to feel about it. He had to admit though that it was charming.

Every sides of Deiern (Y/N) was captivating to him.

Kita nodded. "I see..." he trailed off, walking side to side with her. A tense atmosphere surrounded the two of them which he... didn't really like. (Y/N) is a warm person, she always knows how to light up a room without any effort. But presently, she is not that. As if acting like a different person, she's extremely austere and calculating.

Her voice cut through the rigid air like a knife.

"Shinssan, in any circumstances if something happens, please run away."

Kita flinched at that. He snapped his head at her, stoic countenance vanishing immediately. "What... do you mean by that?"

"I do not want you to get hurt, Shinssan, so I'm telling you this." Kita nodded, staying silent to urge her to continue. "...where we're heading right now is at an abandoned town by the government. It is true that Japan's administration is reliable, but we cannot overlook the fact that there are indeed corrupt individuals out there who tries to overtake everything with their selfish greed."