𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐𝟑

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 23 - TALES OF THE PAST PT.2

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

YEAR 2002

     ⎾ What was the point of everything that I have done? ⏌

     The young (Y/N) stared at (F/N). All feelings leaving her. Everything felt so overwhelming yet numbing at the same time. She was in chaos, but silent. No one could ever begin to share the terrors that she was experiencing at this very moment.

(E/C) orbs numbly and lifelessly gazed at the corpse she once called her father.

The amount of time that she has spent here... is something she doesn't know.

She hasn't eaten, taken a bath nor moved an inch. She waited for her father to wake up again, but she just watched him turn into bones in such a fast pace. She realized that happened because he was a oni. She thought, 'Am I going to die like that, too?' She is a mix of an oni and a nereid, so it made her wonder how and when will she die.

However, from this point on, she doesn't even know what to do anymore.

She worked hard. She endured all the beatings and prejudice she faced from the villagers. She walked thousands of miles until blood painted her feet. She carried the heaviest of objects until she coughed out blood. Just to earn money. Just to get medicine for her father. So, why... why her efforts weren't rewarded?

She thought that if she worked hard enough, her father would recover.

If she did her best, her father would be happy again.

Yet there are times... even if you give your all... even if you give your blood, your sweat, your tears, your everything... All of that don't matter. She believed. Believed that her everything was going to make her father better. But, she realized that even her everything wouldn't be enough.

'Why does this always happen?'

She couldn't even assure herself that everything was going to be alright.

She couldn't even smile.

She couldn't feel anything.

She thought herself of a fool that was so optimistic to the point that she couldn't see reality.

A reality that is cruel and unfair to everyone.

(Y/N) lifted her hands and looked at how her (S/C) skin roughened.

'I shouldn't have been born.'

Her existence gave others misfortune and pain, even to her beloved father. She could never forgive herself. She let her father die, she let her father get weak, she let her father... not even see her mother again. Her hands slowly moved, for the first time in forever, letting go of her father's hand. She gripped her (H/C) head, thoughts going into spiral, eyes shaking and jerking.