𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟏𝟏

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NOI 11 - WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE TODAY?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝I'm a nymph.❞

Kenma froze at the revelation.

"Eh."

(Y/N) gave him a smile.

"I'm a nymph. A sea nymph to be exact. You know, a nereid."

The pudding-haired male deadpanned.

"Um, no, I heard you. You don't have to repeat it."

Him and (H/C)-headed girl laughed.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah." So... sea nymphs are true? Kenma thought as he glanced at the smiling (Y/N). It kind of makes sense... She doesn't show it, but her features too good for this world. Though, I expected nymphs' hair to be silkier... Well? Who cares? (Y/N) is fine the way she is. He shrugged. He softly trailed off, "Is it... really okay for you to tell me all this? It's a huge secret you know? If you get found out, people will search you and some greedy ones might even..." He lightly frowned over his next words. "...use you for... who knows."

(Y/N) waved her right hand. "Nah, it's alright. I trust Kenma-san. If I got found out, I'll just run away. And, I knew from the start that if I told you, I felt like everything would be normal. I mean, look what you're doing right now, you're acting so casual."

"I'm extremely shocked, actually. I never thought that the powers and magic that I see in games would appear in real life," Kenma honestly said, making his companion chuckle. He smiled and rested his chin on top of his palms. His gaze was on the blue skies. It reminded him of (Y/N). So clear and refreshing. "You're really cool, (Y/N). Everything about you is. But next time, don't do that. I know you care about the living beings around you, however, if you're going to expose your secret by doing all those recklessly, you should stop that. It's worrying me."

"Hn... thank you..." (Y/N) glanced at him and gripped her hands together. "You... don't think I'm lying?" She quietly asked, slightly nervous that their status as friends might change.

Kenma glanced at her and noticed her anxiety. He scooted closer to her. "Well... it's kinda unbelievable, but I saw it first hand, so is there any reason for me to not believe in you?" (Y/N) looked up, smiling slightly. He chuckled lowly and crossed his arms. "And, you're not the type of person to lie. This might be strange coming from me since we just literally met yesterday, but... the atmosphere around you is different from other people. I don't know if it's because you're a nymph, but... being around you is like a calm, soothing yet stirring breeze. When I'm with you, I feel happy."