Renewed friendships - Drew's POV

**Drew's P.O.V**I stay on the balcony for a little longer, while D.D helped Audrey set the table. Looking at her through the glass door, i just keep squeezing my brain to realize how we came to this. God really does act in mysterious ways. She did spark something when I first saw her in the elevator a couple of days ago, then the feeling got stronger that night when she came to my apartment. My drunk ass had a lot thinking to do before I finally figured out why I felt like I knew her. She's changed, but still looks the same, at the same time. I mean, of course she has changed. We've grown up. It's been years. She was like 18 or something when I last talked to her. Does she not recognize me? Maybe she doesn't even remember me at all. Shit I'm an asshole. I pushed her away for no reason; Or for some shitty reason that I probably no longer remember. We could have been good friends. I join them inside and roll my eyes at D.D who constantly trying to flirt with her, while she politely deflects it.-D.D stop being an asshole. She's feeding you and you're imposing.That came out a little harsher than I expected.-Dude, don't kill my chances. You're a married man. I wanna settle too.Audrey raises her eyes at D.D's words. She looks at me first, like the phrase "married man" troubled her. Eh, if she only knew. Then she turns to D.D:-Look, Damien, don't take this the wrong way, but I'd better rip the band aid fast. I'm trying to let you know very politely that I am not interested, so, friends? That, I would like very much.Ouch! That must have hurt like a bitch. I could help myself when I saw the look on his face, so I laughed. I laughed hard. A slap on my arm made me stop.-Don't make fun at him Andrew. It's not nice. - She had slapped me. Oh boy she's still a kickass. Wait a sec, Andrew? I didn't tell her that.-She just mom-handled you like Anny.- Damien laughed at my shocked state.-Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have slapped you, but I already felt bad saying that to Damien and you weren't helping. -Don't say sorry if you don't mean it then - I teased. And yes, ladies and gentleman, she slapped my other arm.-Do you like music Audrey? – D.D changed the topic, as we sat to enjoy the delicious smelling dinner.-What kind of question is that?! Who doesn't like music? - She said in a shocked tone.-Ok then, what kind of music? Any favorite song? D.D went on.-Why, would you sing it for me? - She joked. She was finally getting comfortable around us. -Yea, I'd like to hear it too D.D. - I teased, knowing very well his singing capacity. I hope she names an opera or some shit just to mess with him.-Um...depends on the song - he recovered quickly.-Well, there's this old song I listen to sometimes. Blaspheme it's called. – She added thoughtfully.Did she just...oh no she didn't. She even winked at me when she said the title. So she DOES know who we are. D.D looks as dumbfounded as me. Audrey is looking expectantly at him, but all he does is open his mouth and close it again.-You...tricked us. - He finally says the lames thing.-I tricked you how? Come on guys, what did you expect? For me to throw myself at you?-That would be nice...-The comment left my lips instinctively and I immediately regretted that when I met her glare.-I'm kidding! – I raised my arms in defense and tried to look at D.D for help. - So you listen to The Disciples. – He came to my rescue-Listen, listened. I'm not so sure anymore. I lost you guys a while back, so I have to admit I haven't followed your recent work. You had long hair and Damien, - she turned to him - I'm sorry but I left it at the point when Sara was in the band.Damien exaggerated a fake hurt expression. I made a quick calculation in my mind and yep, she didn't listen to us anymore since I started to push her away. And the Blaspheme reference, damn if it wasn't a kick in the nuts. She did it intentionally. She does remember everything. Why isn't she giving in?!