Love isn't always fair!

**Drew's P.O.V**I don't know what I was thinking...or if I was thinking, to begin with, but I couldn't take it back now. I fucking kissed her. That took me by surprise as much as her. She gasped at my unexpected move then a hard shove came to my chest knocking the breath out of my lungs. And then, it was followed by a sharp slap on my cheek. That nearly threw me off the balcony.-Don't! – That was all she spoke. Her eyes were shining in anger. Shit! I ruined it. I fucking ruined it!-Audrey...-I searched for words, but she cut me short.-Not a fucking chance Andrew! You don't get to do this. - She pointed a finger sternly at me, sighed and then added:-I can understand there's some shit going on in your life and you clearly have issues with your wife, but you're not gonna use me like some fucking lightning rod. Solve your shit within your reach and I...I'm fucking out of your reach, so leave me out of this.She turned around to go inside, but I grabbed her hand to stop her.-Please listen to me...-I begged in a whisper.-What? - She returned angrily.-I'm sorry, ok? I didn't mean to...-I don't give two fucks if you meant to or not Andrew. I've been here for what? A month? How many times have you said sorry up 'till now, huh? I couldn't find the words to answer that. She was right.-Last chance...please? I swear I won't ruin it.She exhaled loudly. I had fucked up badly.-Last chance...I do care what you're going through, but as a friend. Please don't waste your energy if you have other intentions. I know how things used to be in the past and yes, we both know about your crush, but that's all it is Drew, the past.-I respect that. - I keep my answers short not to say anything to make her angrier.-Well, obviously you don't. You're blurring the line here. I'm not sixteen and you're not eighteen anymore. We're both adults and have our lives sorted out in a way or another. I'm sorry I have to say this out loud, but you and I, we don't know each other anymore Drew...-I'd like to know you again. - I admit sincerely.**********************-I'm going to meet with the attorney today. - Jen's voice woke me up from my troubled sleep.Did I say sleeping on the couch was a bitch? I sat up and ran a hand on my face trying to wake up properly.-How much time will this shit take? - My voice sounded groggy and still sleepy. -I hope as little as possible. Separation is an option though. You can move your ass out of the apartment if you'd like. -She threw casually, applying lipstick in the mirror. She was going to meet with the attorney dressed in that?! I looked at her corset and leather pants. They had all kinds of animal patterns. She's gone crazy man. Lost all sense.-It's my apartment. - I finally answer.-So? It's rented.-What do you mean so? You are the one who fucking cheated.-No, no! First, I accused you of cheating. Then, I cheated on you too. - She spoke of cheating like having a cup of tea.-How many times do I have to repeat myself? I did not cheat on you. I haven't had sex since before Wrapped Tour, for Christ's sake! - I yelled, walking towards the bathroom to clear my head in the shower.This whole situation was taking a toll on me. I was growing weaker to addictions only to get away from this whole mess. I hadn't cheated on Jen, never in all these years we'd been together. She knew I didn't, but she preferred to use her doubts as an excuse for her own fiasco. I was fucking crushed when her pics with the biggest asshole I had ever met came as an anonymous text on my phone. They were trying to fucking black mail me to withdraw from a nomination, but to the hell with it. I wasn't going to ruin the career I fought so hard to build because of my wife's irresponsibility. I did the contrary and went on that stage with my head high, performing next to my wife, without letting her on that I knew. I dealt with it afterwards and we came to the point of going our separate ways.I heard the front door slam and got back to reality, pulling out my phone to call my mother. She and dad were the only ones who knew about this situation, so I had no one else to talk about it. I was thinking of opening up to Audrey eventually, but after last night, I'm not pushing my luck. Baby steps.I'll be damned if she wasn't right about blurring the lines, but I was a giant mess. I didn't know what I wanted anymore. The past and the present had clashed together violently. Maybe she was just like something impossible to me, something I couldn't have...the one that got away. You know what I mean? Perhaps that's what was messing with my head. We always want the one that we can't have, ' cuz love isn't always fair.Lyrics start building themselves in my mind*...'you are the best romance I never had...'*