Our place is earned, not given

**Audrey's P.O.V**

-Oh, I'm gonna miss you guys so much. - I mumble in a tight group hug with Rob, Gina and Aaron.It was already time for them to go home. Time flies in good company. -Why did Drew not come say bye? – Aaron asks out of the blue.-He was a little busy today, buddy, but I'm sure if he could, he'd be here to give you a hug. - I smile at the little boy, whose eyes are tearing up as he runs to hug me once again.-Oh, baby! I really love you, you know. -I kiss his little cheek. - Please come visit me again. I'm sure your mom and dad can let you come stay with me during Christmas break? - I ask eyeing Rob and Gina, who were tearing up as well.-Come on buddy. We have to go now. - Rob takes his little hand - We will come visit Audrey again. Or she can come to Cincinnati when she has some free time. - He winks at me.-Of course. - I smile at them.We say our goodbyes once again and they leave for the security check. I start to walk towards the exit, when a familiar tall, lean silhouette catches my eye. Drew is standing at the 'Arrivals' area, dressed in his usual black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket. His sunglasses on, he is typing something on his phone. I think of going to say 'Hi', but my steps falter when a woman approaches him. She is wearing a visible frown and Drew sighs as she walks to him speaking something in a heated tone, but I can't make out the words they are saying. He grabs her luggage and drags it outside, his attention once again on his phone as he resumes typing with his free hand, not waiting for the woman, who now looks furious. I decide to wait for them to leave, when I hear a beep on my phone.

Drew'So sorry I couldn't make it. Please hug Aaron for me? Talk to you later. X.O'

He couldn't make it? He was at the fucking airport just in front of me. He could at least have come say bye. Ughh!!!I decide not to respond to his text and walk angrily to my car.**Drew's P.O.V**I felt extremely uncomfortable having to be at the same place with Rob and Audrey, hoping they wouldn't see me. I just didn't want to throw Jen into their lives yet. I wait impatiently for her to appear and pull out my phone to text Audrey.-At least you showed up! - An angry voice spoke, a suitcase being shoved at me.I raise my eyes to see my lovely wife wearing her signature frown. I shrug not really wanting to respond and just take her luggage dragging it behind me, not even waiting for her to follow. She keeps talking something behind me, but I'm not even paying attention as I resume typing the text I had to send. We hop on the cab and the ride home is silent. She talks on her phone, and I look at mine expectantly for the reply that never came.*********Morning comes in an agonizing pace. Sleeping on the couch is beyond discomfort when you're tall. I check my phone but I only find texts I'm not interested in reading. Taking a quick shower, I walk silently to the closet and grab the first things I find. I wanna walk out of this hell as fast as I can and blow some steam screaming my lungs out in the studio. Sleepless nights make for a shitty day.I walk out of my apartment in lazy steps and wait for the elevator. When the doors open, I am met with cold, hazel eyes, straight black hair and red lips. Audrey looks amazing in her business attire. Walking around LA the past couple of days she'd go for more comfortable clothes, so looking at her dressed in a dark grey suit, a crisp white shirt, and black stilettos, made me feel like she was a totally different person. She looked sharp and unapproachable and radiated power. Who am I kidding?! We looked like we came from two different planets.-Are you coming or what? - She asks in a cold tone, keeping the door open for me. Shit. I must have been just staring for a while now.-Yea! - I clear my throat - Thanks! So, um, Good morning, I guess.-Good morning to you too...you look like shit. - She says matter-of-factly.-Why thank you! I feel like shit. - I reply in the same way.-Still not a fan of early raising, I suppose?-More like not a fan of sleeping on the couch. - I say, my voice slowly fading toward the end.She just nods.-So, big day today, right? - I try to make conversation once again.-Yeah...I'm fucking nervous.-You don't look the part. What you do look though is badass. You're gonna kill it, I promise. - I smile reassuringly.-Thank you for the vote of confidence Andrew.-Oh mannn...you're angry...-I state and shake my head, running a hand through my hair. - I'm sorry, ok? I mean it.-I'm not angry.Her cold tone is fucking killing me.-Are too. You called me Andrew. You do that when you're angry. I'm sorry I couldn't make it yesterday.-You did make it yesterday. What I don't get is, why didn't you come to at least wave them goodbye?!Shit! Shit, shit, double shit! She had seen me. Now it all makes sense.-Look, - She interrupts my inner battle, - I understand you were there to pick up your wife. That's normal and sweet and all. Nothing wrong with it. But it's not like you didn't have at least five fucking minutes to hug the poor boy. Now that is what gets on my nerves.We were now walking towards her car. I had instinctively followed her there.-I am gonna make it up to you.-You gotta make it up to him, not me. - she abruptly stops in her step and turns to face me, which causes us to collide chest to chest, due to her sudden movement.I wrap an arm around her waist to prevent her from falling backwards, pulling her to me. Her folders fall on the ground with a loud thud, but none of us cares to look at them. She is looking me dead in the eye trying to read my thoughts. Hell, even I can't read my own thoughts right now, having her pressed against me like that. This is wrong, Drew. Fucking wrong on so many levels, yet I don't let go of her.-You're um...ruining my shirt - she says lamely, scratching her throat. -Sorry! - I whisper, still not letting go. I'm not a fucking teenager for Christ's sake! And I'm still a married man. What the hell am I even thinking? I eventually drop my arm and she takes a step back.-I'll see you around Drew. I really have to go now. - She gives me a weak smile and disappears into the car.**Audrey's P.O.V**I mumble a quick 'Bye' and hop on the car. Thank you Drew! I was already nervous as it was, now I'm beyond confused and distracted after our little incident. 'Pull yourself together Audrey. It's you first day of work. Drew's not gonna go anywhere. You can always talk to him later and set some ground rules. You are both grown up and reasonable adults.' I take a quick glance at the text that lights my phone's screen.Drew'I'll see you tonight Audrey. You gotta tell me how your first day went.'Yeah....just Great!I walk inside the building. The N.T.L Headquarters are a marvel. Elle comes rushin to me as soon as she sees me.-Good Morning Audrey! Looking sharp as always. – She smiles brightly.-Morning my Guardian Angel Elle. – I smile back and start walking with her.She informs me of the meeting and the schedule I have for today and I finally get my mind straight. This is really happening. I am really here.I proceed to meeting with my team. I give them directions and requests according to what I had studied for the past two weeks. My office is spacious, but I still feel like suffocating. I am overwhelmed instead of enjoying what was happening to me and all around me.I take out my phone and think of calling my parents, but then I remember the time zone difference. I type a quick text at my brother, who is a night owl and his answer comes right away, putting my mind at ease. The day unfolds normally, keeping me busy from thoughts of Drew and his unstable behavior.