The Ghost of Yesterday

Drew's POV

-Focus D.D!! – I shout for the hundredth time.

The set around us resembles a post – apocalyptic war zone. There's fire burning in metallic barrels, sirens screaming, causing me a headache and D.D is refusing to shoot a decent piece today.

-You shouldn't have fired him like that. – Jeremy speaks next to me, referring to our manager.

-He had it coming for a long time buddy. It took me long enough to finally speak the words.

-I know, man, I know, but look at this hell. Are you sure you're good enough to handle everything on your own?

I shake my head no and his face falls into a deep frown.

-We need a new manager and soon, Drew.

-I know Jer. D.D and I have a plan but will tell you guys after he puts his head in the game and finish this goddamn shoot.

With that I leave and go check myself with the make-up again. My part is coming after D.D

The man in the mirror looks nothing like the skeleton that Rob found home those weeks ago. I look well put together and my hair is platinum. When Audrey had first suggested it, I totally refused. I had kept my hair black for as long as I remember and the idea of dying it platinum for this new album didn't sit good with me. When I put all her plans together and decided to finish this journey, my hair seemed like the last concern so I decided to do everything exactly like she had imagined. This was all for her, anyways.

I fix the clerical collar that sits tight around my neck and run my hands down the red jacket of my suit, cleaning the ashes from the burning barrels. Who would have thought I would someday wear a red suit and put on a priest collar?

Well, Audrey did, and apparently it looks good on me. She talked me into this whole disciple's concept of how they are followers of the Christ and how in our days the followers of the Christ are the priests and so I abandoned my long consumed "Prophet" character to embrace the preacher, the disciple.

Everyone was happy with the outcome. The studio was loving the new sound and the message the songs held. So far so good. There was only one piece missing: Audrey.

Audrey's POV

The clock was ticking. I had started packing some stuff to not leave it all last minute. I had asked D.D casually about the album. Not that I was interested or anything, just curious...or lying to myself. Either one. You choose.

-Mommy, is D.D coming today?

Ian appears in my room stretching his little limbs.

-No baby, he has work today. But we can watch him on TV. They will go live soon.

I check the clock on the wall showing 10 PM and realize that they would be on live TV in about 30 minutes. Tonight is the Album release press conference and tomorrow it will be available to everyone. Tomorrow...for my birthday.

D.D said it's gonna be a long broadcast dedicated to this and they'd end the interview midnight sharp, to announce that "The ghost of yesterday" is officially out.

I sit on the couch with Ian snuggled by my side and open the TV.

-You know Dru is going to be there, right mommy?

-I know baby, - I kiss his head

-If you don't want watch him, we can change channel.

-It's ok baby. I know you want to watch this, so let's do it. Together. You and I.

-You and I mommy.

He takes my hand in his little one and squeezes in reassurance.

-You and I baby. – I smile to him when the music starts from the TV

The video to one of the songs opens up in this battlefield looking like place. All the guys are wearing the red suits I had designed and my tears start tearing up. Then, a shadow comes from behind them, finally stepping into the light. Drew sings his heart out with his stupid clerical collar and his stupid white hair. Tears finally fall freely on my cheeks and there's nothing I can do to soothe the ache in my chest.