I never fell out of love with you

*Audrey*I wake up with a major headache. Shitty Sunday. Last night was fucking difficult. I can't believe I shared all that with Drew. We'd grown closer, yet I felt so distant...I can't drag him down with me. He has his own life, we are parallel universes apart. I walk around the house but there's no sign of Drew. I decide to take a walk and clear my mind. As soon as I get outside he calls me on my phone.-Good morning! - I say, not sure what to expect-Morning sweetheart! Do you have any plans for today?-Not really...just taking a walk right now.-I'd like to take you somewhere today...if you feel like it, of course.-Umm..I don't know...I just got out and I don't think I'm dressed properly.-Don't worry, I got your bag ready and it's in my car. Wait for me, I'll be there in five.I end the call. What the...he's not running away...he wants to stay? I've got issues and I've got baggage...why isn't he fleeing? I see his car approach. He parks, comes out and gives me a full kiss on the lips that takes me by surprise. After that he opens the door to the car waiting for me to get in. I'm dumbfounded. I enter and sit and buckle automatically.-Um...where are we going exactly? -Somewhere special that will require a little bit of traveling, but don't worry it will be fun and we will be back again tonight so you can go to work tomorrow. I nod. What can I do except from that?We approach the now familiar L.A.X.-Why are we at the airport Drew?He parks and opens my door, grabbing a duffle bag from the backseat.-'Cause you and I are going to take a quick trip to Cincinnati baby! - He smiles and drags me along. -Are you fucking kidding me?! Dude, you should be running away from me. What are you even thinking? Why exactly Cincinnati?He stops on his track at my words and turns to me, putting his hands on my shoulders.-Why would I want to run away? 'Cause you have a kid?-Ummm...I don't know...-Exactly! You don't know, so let me tell you how much you mean to me and how much I want to make us happen. I'm taking you to officially meet Ian and Amnny today. And I'm gonna tell them everything.-No please, don't...-Nuhuh! I'm not letting you get away this time. I'm fucking doing this official. I don't care what anyone thinks or what they have to say.I sigh defeated and walk beside him. I change in the bathrooms before we board the plane. He's packed me a more proper attire than the joggers I was previously wearing. It's going to be a long four hours flight. I also have to tell Drew that my parents are coming over in a couple of days and that I don't think I'm ready to share him with them or vice-versa. I don't know shit anymore.*******-Are you sure I look ok? - I ask for the tenth time in five seconds. We are walking through the airport looking for his father.-Chill! My God! Of course you look ok! You look more than ok. You look like a fucking Governor. Ian is gonna assume all kinds of stuff when he sees you from afar.I roll my eyes at him and playfully slap his arm.-Andrew! - We hear a voice call.-Dad! - He goes and greets his father. I walk close behind-Audrey?! - Ian asks smiling. - I can't believe we finally meet in person. Rob has been telling me a lot. You sure have grown, young lady. - He comes to hug me.-Nice to meet you Mr. Bennett! - I smile warmly at him.-Oh please! It's just Ian. We're old friends after all. No need to call me Mr. Bennett. - He winks and leads us to his car.-You can call me that, if you like. – Drew whispers playfully in my ear.I slap his arm, already uncomfortable as it is. No need for him to whisper stuff like that. They aren't helping with my nerves.I engaged in little chats with him during the drive home. When we entered the house Anny welcomed me in the same warm way as her husband. They were amazing. We hanged out for some time, generally talking about stuff. -You know we're roommates, right? - Drew smiles.-You are?! - Anny asks surprised. – I thought you moved in with one of the boys after, you know, umm...Jen? – She isn't sure how to approach the topic.I nod, comforting her. -I asked him to move in with me. He was...umm...all over the place, I guess, so he could really use a friend.-Well, that's why you look different. - She turns to Drew. - You look umm...taken care of?! If that makes any sense...-I am taken care of. I'm being well fed and washed and dried and ironed to the point of becoming spoiled I think. - He laughs.-Oh, that sounds lovely! - Ian chimes in.-You don't want to spoil him like that. He'll grow a habit out of it. - Anny winks at me.-Mom! – Drew scream-laughs.-Come with me Audrey. I'll teach you a few tricks. - She takes my hand leading me inside.****By lunch time, Drew already told them that we were kind of more than friends, but not quite there yet. They seemed to get what he meant. Then I broke down the news that I had a son, who was four years old, but they...they acted the same as Drew...like it was not a big deal. Maybe where I come from, the mentality and society works differently...wrong. If I were to tell this to the parents of a boy from my country, they'd just talk him out of it. On the contrary, Anny and Ian were happily asking me to show them pics of little Ian. Drew's father was practically flying that they had the same name. Like it was meant to be- he commented.-Oh, myyyy! - Look at the big guy!!! - Drew exclaimed holding my phone. - Audrey he's perfect. He's fucking perfect!-Thank you! - I smile, my heart melting at his reactions. His eyes were shining and nearly on the verge of tears.-You also got him a guitar...shit and a black bandana on his head. My, my you're grooming a little Rockstar. - He kept going scrolling down the pics.-Born and bred a Rockstar. - I wink at him.********By nightfall we were back in L.A. Fuck it if I wasn't tired, but I was happy. I was at peace. I felt accepted.-Ok, so I have another surprise for you. You're gonna have to trust me on this too. - Drew declares as we head out of the elevator.-I do trust you. - I say, leaning in to peck him on the lips.He closes my eyes and leads me to our apartment. I can understand we're moving in the direction of his room. Why are we walking to his room?!-Open your eyes baby! - He whispers removing his hands from my eyes. – I hope I haven't gone overboard with this.Oh my goodness!! He'd gone to such lengths. In front of me was the most amazing kids room I could possibly dream of. And it was Batman vs Superman themed. He'd given up his room and turned it into Ians's room. My heart was beating like crazy and my hands were shaking and I didn't know how to react anymore.-How do you like it? - He asks behind me.My answer was the only one I could muster. I walked to him and pulled him to me in a passionate kiss. I didn't have words to express how I felt right now, but my actions could. I deepened the kiss and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer.Eventually we walked towards my room, kissing and touching and not seeming to get enough of each-other. I tug his tattooed body comes on display, for my eyes and hands to feast on. We were now on the bed, Drew on top of me, his eyes hooded and filled with lust, but he took his time slowly this time. As much as I had enjoyed the past weeks, this moment, right here, right now, was just perfect. We lie on our back catching our breaths and I knew it was time for me to admit one more thing to him out loud.-Guess I never fell out of love with you too...That makes him raise his head and study my eyes.-I love you so much Audrey! - He kisses me once more and lays beside me, holding me tight until sleep took us.