Simon says:

Audrey's POVDrew has been gone for about two weeks. Life is hell already, trying to juggle in between work, Ian and all the useless calls and papers I have to do for fighting to keep him. Every day that goes by is like ticking time-bomb over my head. 2 AM being the only time to finally have some peace and clear my head, I sit on my desk and open my laptop to catch up on some lost emails.Drew called this evening as usual, wishing us goodnight, singing Ian to sleep from the phone. We chatted for a little longer and he suggested I made some time for myself and relax, but how could I?I scroll through the emails, mainly being ads from different pages I had subscribed to. Since my work email was separate, this one was just full of junk and ads.There was only one particular email that had come earlier today that caught my attention. I click on it and read the text carefully.*Dear Mrs. Audrey MichaelsWe came across your profile on a job app, we casually recruit from. I am pleased to inform you that your profile resulted in a 100% match as the ideal candidate, regarding a recent vacancy within our company. We made a data check on your recent activity and we are aware that you are actually located in the Los Angeles area, under the position of Campaign Manager for NTX. Our company, Paradise Records, is about in the same line of business that you currently work. If you are interested in giving it a shot with us, feel free to call the number below. We would be happy to have you as an addition to our staff and are positive you would be an asset within our company. Best Regards,Ash OlsenC.E.O and Founder, Paradise Records*I read the email for the tenth time before finally deciding to reply. I decide to go all honest on this one and not risk the working arrangements I was offered the first time I came to the states. *Dear Mr. OlsenI admit to reading the email over and over and also making some checks of my own to make sure this was a valid proposition. Before placing a call on the number you provided and get in touch in a more personal way, I'd like to keep it more professional at first and clear some points that I feel I need to.First, you should know that I am in the U.S under the work permit, which is valid only for the time period on my employment contract with NTX.Second, but most importantly, I have a four year old son that I was not offered sponsorship for, in my employment contract.As much as I am interested to hear your offer, with all due respect, but I am not willing to reside in another continent from my son for longer that I first agreed on. If there is any possibility that you can offer me clearance on any of the above, I am happy to set an appointment and get down to business. You can reach me at this number XXXXXXXThank you very much for offering me this opportunity.Regards,Audrey Michaels.*I immediately shut my laptop and went to bed, not wanting to dwell longer on every sacrifice I had to make. If I need to get back home with my son, I will, as much as it aches.Drew's POVThe crowd was roaring and the lights were blinding. My ankle was throbbing, but I put on a smile and went on stage. -Good evening Phoenix!! – I scream into the mic and the crowd goes wild.I nod to them and wait for the cheer to fade out.-You see, last time we played here, our buddy Jace was sick and couldn't make it to the show. I want you to wish him a big fucking welcome tonight!!! – I screamed once again and screams and applaud filled the venue.Jace comes running, waving at the audience and he immediately starts the song we're opening the show too.The rest goes in a blur. This is my first tour sober and it is thrilling being on stage with a clear mind. I know what I'm doing. I feel like I can see every single face in the audience. I don't feel the need to reach the mic to them because I can't remember the lines, but because I feel ecstatic about them singing their heart out with me.Hopping back on the bus, sweaty and tired, I immediately pull my phone out to look at the clock. Shit! I missed Ian's bedtime. I couldn't talk to him today. I let my little man down.-Mhhmp! – Audrey's sleepy voice sounded in my ear.-Mhhmp to you too baby. – I laughed lightly.-Hey! Don't make fun at me. It's 3 AM. – She tried to scold me but I could feel her smile.I lay on my bed and sigh.-I missed you today.-I missed you too Drew.-You know, this reminds me of the times I used to call you before and you'd scream at me for waking you up.-I can handle a 3 AM call better now. Back then I was a teenager who loved a little sleep. Plus, you'd sometimes call drunk and talk nonsense.I raised a brow though she couldn't see me.-What do you mean talked nonsense? You've never told me. Did I ever say anything inappropriate to you?She takes a deep breath like she;'s trying to remember.-Inappropriate is sugarcoating it. I've never told you this, but since this came up, I guess it's about time I shared.-Please do. I'm curious what stupid shit left my drunk ass mouth.I can her ruffling and I can only imagine her twisting and turning in our bed. I wish I was close to her and hold her in my arms right now.-You once asked me to play Simon says. You also explained the rules to the game since I told you I didn't know what the hell that was.I laugh at that. The last thing I was expecting to hear was that I had asked her to play Simon says on the phone with me.-Well that doesn't seem that inappropriate to me, baby. – I try to speak still laughing.-It wasn't, until you dropped the bomb and asked me to touch myself.Oops. That shut me up. Oh hell! Now the image of her touching herself was stuck in my mind. Damn Audrey!-I did?!-Yeah...and you kept asking if I was, to make sure I was playing fair. – She laughed a little, putting me somehow at ease.-Did you? – I couldn't help but wonder, since apparently I remembered shit about this call we'd had.She takes a minute and I guess she's trying to find the right words.-I told you I didn't and that I wouldn't, but since were coming clean...-Oh hell, baby! – I groan frustrated, my hand instinctively traveling down to my crotch.-Please don't tell me that you pleased yourself on the phone with dunk me, when I'm here all sweaty and needy...and so far away. – I finish in a sigh. I close my eyes briefly taking in her breathing from the other end of the line.-Simon says...-I hear her speak in a whisper.-Say it! – I demand, encouraging her. My breathing was elaborated, my hand was still on the front of my pants, where the bulge was now almost uncomfortable.-Simon says, undo your pants and stroke yourself. – She finally lets out shyly and it was music to my ears.-Only if you do too, baby. – I tease and I can hear her gasp.The rest of the call was quite pleasurable, to say the least and after letting my frustration out, sleep was coming easily to me. Tomorrow I was expecting good news from Ash and I couldn't wait to finally put a smile on Audrey's face.