Jen, the wife

**Audrey's P.O.V**I wake up from a loud crash. Instinctively I get up and take my phone, in case I need to make the famous 911 call. I'm about to silently step out of the room when another crash, like breaking glass is heard again, followed but a streak of raised voices.The noise isn't coming from my apartment, it's coming from Drew's. His voice becomes clearer as he argues recklessly with a woman. His wife, I guess.I decide to go back to bed, but the discussion and the noises are becoming almost too aggressive for me to ignore. I don't want to interfere, but it's either that, or another neighbor calls the cops first and things can go south from there.I hesitate for another moment and finally give in to my instinct. As I take the stairs, my mind is telling me to turn back around and mind my own business, but my heart tells me to keep going and check on them.-I will fucking kill you, you asshole! – The woman's voice, screaming from the other side of the door, is what makes me go ahead and knock on the door.-Go away! – She immediately responds, but I'm not budging till I make sure they don't kill each other tonoght.I knock again, harder this time, and the door is pulled aggressively, revealing a fucked up Drew. His hair is messier than usual, like someone had been tugging on it. He is only wearing a pair of black sweatpants, leaving the upper part of his body visible for me to see various scratches on those parts of skin that aren't covered from ink. -Audrey!His eyes are widened beyond surprise, like he's seen a ghost and is almost frightened to accept my presence there. He takes me by surprise when he pushes me outside, coming along and closing the door behind him.-What are you doing here? Are you freaking nuts? – His voice slurs, giving me a hint of alcohol on his breath.-Oh, so you guys are breaking the building down and I'm the one who's nuts? – My voice gets out higher that I intended.-You need to leave. She's...Stay out of this. Please! – His pleading eyes almost get me, when I remember why I came here.-Someone's gonna call the cops...I'm cut from the opening door and a very angry looking woman standing behind it. She looks almost disfigured, with her messy, long, black hair, partially falling on her face, her mascara ruined and smeared around her eyes. So that's his wife. -Who the hell are you? – She hints her head at me, the look on her face far from friendly.-I'm the neighbor downstairs. Before she can open her mouth again, I take a glance at Drew and raise my hands up in defense as I add:-I know it's none of my business and I don't wanna butt in, but I was afraid someone else might call the cops, so I thought...-Thank you!What she said made both me and Drew snap our heads in her direction shocked. -What?! I'm cool now. – She purrs at him, ignoring my presence there.-Ok...I guess I'll head back then. – I say awkwardly. -Come have a drink, since we woke you. – The woman shocked me once more. -Oh, no thank you, I don't wanna impose.-I insist! – came the yet shocking reply from her husband, who was already heading inside, motioning for me to follow him.I see what you're doing here Drew. I get it that you want someone to calm the storm, but this is not how you use a friend. I shake the thoughts away and walk inside. Oh wow! The living area looks even more trashed then it did when I came here to crash the party. -Careful there! – His voice and pointing finger make me look down and avoid stepping on broken glass.-Sorry for the mess. We were just, you know, sorting out some differences. – His wife throws out casually.-It's ok. – I try to sound stable, while the picture around me is driving me insane. No wonder Drew is dealing badly with this.-The name's Jen. Yours? – She asks, taking a cigarette and sitting on the couch, blowing the smoke out aggressively.-I'm Audrey. – I weigh my options on where to sit, when Drew appears with a beer in his hand, passing it to me.He winks reassuringly at me, out of Jen's sight, then indicates for me to take the ottoman across from where she's sitting.-I'm sorry we woke you up. – He speaks slowly, leaning on the wall, not wanting to sit on either of the available spots, them being on the couch next to his wife, or on the other ottoman, which was next to me. -I wanted to have sex, but the asshole turned me down.Oh, wow! I really didn't need to have that piece of information. Doesn't this woman have filters? What in the actual fuck?! My mouth was hanging open not knowing how to respond to that. Drew's looks is equal to mine.-What?! Isn't that enough of a reason for a woman to go ballistic? – She adds, clearly expecting an answer from me, but unfortunately I still hadn't wrapped my mind around what came out of her mouth.-Jen. It's none of her business, so spare the details. – Drew came to the rescue, noticing my shocked state.-Yeah, whatever! When did you move here, then? Is this a question you're ok with answering?She kept doing this weird addictive action of sniffing and scratching her head constantly.-About less than two months. – I try to sound cool, which was definitely what I wasn't right now. -Ah, that's why I haven't seen you around. I was away for the past two months. You're cute by the way. Nice jammies. – She wiggles her brows looking me up and down.I catch Drew rolling his eyes at that, groaning at her comment. His eyes are tired and he looks like he's barely holding himself together. -You're boring, baby. – She laughs and gets up. – I'm gonna crash. You two stayShe leaves me surprised once again, but doesn't falter to deliver another bomb.-Don't fuck my husband!That was the last gem she added for tonight and slammed the door to what I believe was the bedroom. This was enough for me. I get up frustrated and don't even look back at Drew who has his face between his hands.