Reality check

Audrey's POVFinally the day I dreaded was here. I was standing in front of this enormous bus, Ian by my side. His beautiful hazel eyes were sparkling.-What's so funny, baby? – I can't help but ask him, considering the dreaming look on his little face-I am going in one of these one day too mommy. Look how beautiful it is. I laugh at his word choice.-So you wanna be a rockstar too, huh? – I nudge him playfully-I will be, mommy. And you will be my mantiger. – He referred to the manager in his own little strange way.-What about me? – Drew's voice made us turn around.He was leaning on his giant suitcase, looking deliciously sexy, yet kind of unapproachable, in his attire. I'd seen him more like himself rather than the "showman" this whole time, but looking at him now all clad in leather, his hair carelessly messy, black sunglasses on...you get the point. At the sound of his voice, Ian lets go of my hand and runs to Drew. He kneels and picks Ian in his arms, spinning him around, both laughing.-Ugh! It's too early for all this noise. – Bono's voice comes in a sigh-Bono! – Ian calls from Drew's arms.-My buddy! Wanna come with us.-Hey! Don't get his hopes high. You know how much talking I had to do to convince him he's too little to be in band? – I laugh, crossing my arms.-Mom's lame. You're a big guy. Look at you! – Bono ruffles Ian's hair, kissing his cheek.Drew sets him back on the ground and kneels in front of him, putting his hand on his shoulder.-You will come with us next time. I promise!-Pinky promise? – My son is about to tear up.-Pinky promise, baby! –Drew joins pinkies with him.-I will miss you...- A tear finally makes its way down Ian;s cheek.-Oh! You're breaking my heart little man. I will be home in no time ok? Be a good boy for mommy here and don't give her too much trouble. I swear I'll call you all the time.Ian jumps in Drew's arms in a tight hug, letting out the words I didn't expect to hear.-I love you, daddy!Drew freezes. He tightens his hold on the boy and I can see his trying to swallow the lump in his throat. As for me...I want to run out of here as soon as I can, not to let them see me cry.-You...you called me daddy?! – Drew finally manages to mumble the words.Drew's POVIt's been over two hours on the read, but my mind kept going back to that little voice calling me daddy. The feeling I had in my chest was beyond anything I had ever imagined. I tried to remain composed while saying our goodbyes and didn't let go, because Audrey looked like she was about to lose her shit. I had hugged her for I don't know how long and kissed her like it was the last time. I had been dying to get back on the road and do what I do best, but eventually I started to hate the idea that I would have to leave her behind. These two months will seem like an infinity to me. I had been married to Jen for a long time and during those years I'd said my fair share of goodbyes and hit the road, but I had never felt like this. It was painful to breathe, let alone concentrate on the shit our manager was giving us.-And Drew, - He turned to me.I hummed, indicating for him to go on.-I want you on your best behavior. I don't want a repeat of the last accident and for sure I don't want you running your smart mouth around about your new life arrangements. Keep it short and clean.-What the hell does that even mean?! – I reply angry. I had to take out my frustration somewhere, and my manager being an asshole right now, made for the perfect punching bag.-About everything you have an issue lately, Drew: Your so called addiction, your divorce, your new love. – he spat the last word like it was poisonous.-My so called addiction? My fucking divorce? My love life?! –my voice raised by each phrase.I get up and stand face to face with him.-What the hell does it have to do with our job?! Why would I want to keep my mouth shut, when speaking you mind is all I stand for?He doesn't reply.-Look, - I go on, - What we're gonna do is this. I will run my mouth about whatever the hell I please and you, you are gonna put your brain to use and try to understand that the last time I checked, you are still under my payroll. I snap my fingers and poof! You're gone.With that, I leave him and retreat to my bunk. Bloody hell. 2 hours and I'm already tired. I instinctively reach for my phone and look at the picture I have set as wallpaper. Audrey is sitting beside me and Ian is on my lap. We were smiling and beaming on Christmas night. Why couldn't it last longer than just a photo?Staring at the picture for what felt too long, a light bulb finally lit. I opened the phone and searched for Ash's number. Impatiently waiting for him to pick up, I spoke as soon as he said "Hello".-Listen buddy. I want you to do something for me.