A friend in need

**Drew's P.O.V**She doesn't say anything. She just stands behind the counter catching her breath. Damn it Audrey! Why did we have to meet like this? I'm at my worst. Everything is so complicated. I should want to clear my head and sort my mess out, but all I want is her. Only her...-Drew...- her voice wakes me from the abyss of my thoughts. I open my eyes to look at her beautiful hazel ones.-I don't want you to make a big deal out of what just happened. Maybe we both needed that, but I'm not admitting to more. Things may be going south in your life right now, but you still are married, and I still want to be your friend, so let's not just ruin that. I don't know if having a chance at something more than that will settle the score for us. For all I know, we can just make everything worse.I sigh. She is right. She is always right. That's 'cause she uses her head and mine is so fucking numb right now I can't even think straight. I can't go home because of Jen and I can't stay here because of her. Where the hell do I even fit these days?-I know I'm in a bad place...and as much as I want you, I just can't drag you down this hellhole with me. - I sigh- But I still need you. I need your help. Will you help me get back on my feet?-I am here for you. Just tell me what you need...except from sexual favors, that is.I laugh lightly. Alcohol made me speak without barriers and what I told her about wanting to fuck her was not nice, but it was the truth. Shit, I'm too drunk to think right now. I need to get one last thing off my chest before I pass out.-I'm an alcoholic baby...like chronic...constant drunk.With that, everything goes black and my mind goes numb.*********I woke up with a massive headache and I couldn't open my eyes. My whole body hurt. Fuck this couch! I rolled over, but much to my surprise I didn't land on the floor. Had the couch grown bigger, or what? I slowly opened my eyes and noticed I was on a bed. Oh shit! What the hell did I do last night?!I slowly took in the unfamiliar details. I definitely didn't know this room. Bloody hell, what have I done? Peeking under the sheets, being only in my boxers kind of proved my theory.I let out a frustrated groan, as I try to sit up. Steps approach the closed door, then a familiar voice rings in my ears.-Are you ok?Oh thank God! It's just Audrey. WAIT A MINUTE! Why did I sleep at Audrey's? And why am I not wearing my clothes? I'm afraid to even think about what might have happened. I hope I haven't screwed things up.-Good morning! - I say unsure, as I open the door. I don't know what to expect.I come face to face with a fully clothed Audrey, in her usual business attire.-Good morning to you too, sleepyhead. - She smiles.-Umm...I don't think I remember how I ended up here. I hope I haven't done anything stupid.-Well, lucky for you I'm the reasonable one, so nope. Rest assured. - She winks. Oh thank God!-Where are my clothes? And why am I not wearing them?- I ask confused.-They're safe. Washed, dried, and ironed. I'll go grab them. - She starts to walk away clacking her heels then stops - And you're not wearing them 'cause they reeked of alcohol and smoke. I HAD to wash them.I walk slowly behind her dragging my steps lazily. She comes to me holding my folded clothes.-There you go. Make yourself at home if you'd like. I gotta head downtown for a shooting, but I can leave you a spare key. Breakfast is on the counter. There's hot coffee. Anything else you'd like, feel free to go through the fridge. - She spoke a little fast for my hung over mind to comprehend, as she took her file, keys, bag, and jacket.-Audrey! - I stop her. - Be honest with me. Did I do anything inappropriate? Your umm...good mood...is kinda scary...-I tell her honestly. She's definitely acting weird. Something must have happened.-Well, - she faces me, sighing - You came here wasted and we talked, then you confessed that you were an alcoholic...-Oh! - was all I could come up with.-Then you asked for my help. And then you passed out in the couch. - She continued.-And how did I end up on the bed then?- I ask confused-I carried you there, obviously. Might have bumped your head once or twice here and there, but I made it. - she smiled shyly.She had carried me? Like, fucking carried, carried me?-How? - I try to remember anything but none, zip, null!-I'm strong, remember? Sports and all. I can carry at about 200 pounds, so no biggie. You needed the bed more than me. So I slept on the couch. - She smiles.I just nod, trying to shove into my brain all the information I just received. Damn she's too good to be true. When did I get so lucky?-Drew, - She asks for my attention once again, - About the addiction part...you know I'm here for you, right? I really mean it, I swear to God. I'm gonna help you get sober. We will talk about it later, ok?Again, I just nod. I really can't form any proper words. Not because I'm hungover, but because my heart has grown 3 sizes by now at her words. I've been sent an angel.I walk to her and envelope her in a tight hug. She sighs and puts her arms around my waist.-I fucking adore you! - I whisper sincerely.-I love you too buddy! - she responds smiling, - That's why you're stuck with me from now on, to help you get back on your feet.-All right then. I don't wanna keep you any longer. Go to work Chief! I think I can manage here. - I kiss her head and start roaming the kitchen.**Audrey's P.O.V**I had dealt with several issues for today, but it was a piece of cake compared to the war I had ahead of me. Once every now and then my mind went back to Drew and his addiction. I've never dealt with something like that before, but I'm always up for a challange.He loved his wife. I had to do some research and read old interviews and the way he spoke about her made my heart swell. He really did love her, so something must have happened and he was dealing with it the wrong way. He had fallen prey to the addiction. Acceptance is the first step, so I'll take last night as progress. Now it's my duty as a friend to help him with the rest of the journey.-Chief! - One of the security officers wakes me from my daydreaming.-Coming! - I respond almost automatically and walk to him. - What's up?-Um...there's someone outside the perimeter asking for you. -Another problem?-No Chief. He says he knows you and wanted to hand you something.-Thank you! - I smile as I walk to the edge of the perimeter, a charming, smiling Drew standing there with his dark clothes and black shades.-Looking sharp chief! - He laughs. - These guys almost toppled me over until I spoke your name.-Well, they're good guys, but orders are orders. - I wink.-You look badass! I'm glad you have built all this...- He moves his hand around as to prove a point.-Thank you! It's tough, but I can make it.-I'm sure you can sweetheart. Here! - He takes out the key I gave him and hands it to me.-You came all this way for that? How did you even know where I was? - I ask taking the key from him.-Well, you happen to have a TV in your apartment. And what you're doing was all over the news, so...-Keep it! - I hand him the key back. - I want you to keep it. Mi casa su casa, if you need a get away. - I smile warmly.-Oh wow! I...umm..cat got my tongue. - He laughs lightly. - Thanks, I guess.-Anytime! - I wink. - Now, if you don't mind, I gotta get back to work.-Sure sweetheart. I'm sorry for showing up unannounced.-It's ok. I...um...thanks.- I mumble.He nods and starts to walk away. I stand there looking at him get on his car and drive off. I pull out my phone and send a message to the group.Me: You guys up for dinner tonight? My place and I'll cook healthy. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. *wink*Almost immediately they started answering, loving the idea but some complaining about the food. I smile and put my phone in my pocket and get back to work.