Keep on saving our Goodbyes

Drew's POV-What?!! What the hell do you mean?? The last thing I expected to do on Christmas morning, was yell at my lawyer on the phone.I throw the phone angrily across the hall and crash down frustrated. How do I tell her this? I'm practically shaking. I can't do this.I hear footsteps approaching but I just can't find the strength to look up. How do I tell her? This will fucking break her.-What's wrong sweetie?Oh thanks God it's my mom!-It's nothing mom. Just got off the phone. There's some ban news.It's like she instantly knew what I meant. She gasped and put her hand on her mouth.-I gotta tell her, right? I wish I had other possibilities so that I could just avoid telling her this.-Tell me what? – Her voice made me jump out of my skin.My mom gave us some privacy, which suddenly felt so fucking suffocating. Audrey stands her ground waiting for me to speak.-It...it was my lawyer. – was all I could manage to speak without my voice breaking.Her eyes widen in realization as that sinks in. -I see. – She nods curtly and turns to walk away, but her knees give in and she ends up collapsing on the carpet sobbing hard.I run to her and envelope her in a hug.-Don't baby, please. We'll make it happen. I'm gonna find a way. I promise.Audrey's POVChristmas couldn't go worst. I would pretend to smile around my son with all the strength I could master, but it was so damn hard. What do I do now? Can I just go on and try to enjoy the days left with him? Do I finally cave and give up my pride and accept Drew's proposal? The day went in a blur. The week went in a blur. January came so quickly and the band was preparing to leave. They'd be touring for about two months. I was falling to pieces, but somehow the look my son had every time he hanged with Drew and the guys, made me find strength to keep going.I park in front of the studio and go to pick Ian. Laughter and applause fill the air. I walk closer to see what the hell they're up to now and much to my surprise, I find my son behind the piano bowing to his "audience". -I see you're having fun. – I smile approaching them.-Mommy!! – Ian runs to me and hugs me tight. – I played in the piano today mommy. Please sit. I have surprise. – He smiled sheepishly.-Damn girl! He's a fine one for sure. You weren't kidding when you said he had a knack for music. – Bono threw casually.-What do you mean? – I ask surprised.-We've been teaching him some stuff over this time he's been hanging with us. He sure is a talent baby. – Drew smiles and comes to give me a kiss. – Now listen, and see for yourself.I look at the kid who starts running his little fingers on the keypads playing the melody to one of my all-time favorites: The song Drew and I had written together. He was sloppy and his fingers weren't positioned correctly at most times, but hell if I wasn't the proudest mom right now. Eventually I took off with Ian to let the guys do their thing. They had a lot on their plate right now.-You love him, right mommy? – His little voice brought me back to reality.I nod silently and ruffle his hair.-How do you feel about that, baby?-I don't know daddy. I know you love him too and I love him too, but I don't know how he was. You tell me stories, but Dru, I also love him too. Is that wrong mommy? Is daddy sad with me?I sighs at his words, my heart breaking for him.-Of course not sweetheart. Daddy is very happy with the beautiful and amazing boy you've become. He is watching you from up in the sky and he is happy that you are happy...He takes a minute to understand what I said and nods, mostly to himself.-So, do you mean that daddy will not be sad with me, if I like Dru to be my new dad?At that, I didn't know if I wanted to cry or smile. I just looked at my son, not able to form a coherent answer. He wanted Dru to become his dad?! That caught me off guard. Looks like my soon is more willing than I am, to let someone else into our lives.-I...No. You father could never be sad with you. He loved you very very much and I am sure he would want the best for you.A hug put me at ease. A hug from those little arms that I had missed so much whaen I left him back home.-I love you mommy.-I love you so much baby.