Something old, something new

**Audrey's P.O.V**The past couple of days consisted in mostly sightseeing with Rob and his wife and Aaron and myself, while Drew was making it up to Rob, serving as our tour guide.While the family was enjoying a day out alone, I took it as my cue to sit down and keep reading the files at hand. A beep on my phone notifies me I have a text. Unknown Number'Are you home? Drew'I bet he corrupted Rob to get my number. I smile as I type e quick 'yep'.Not a minute later there's a knock on the door. -Hey! - He greets, his eyes down to his phone, as he is typing something.-Do come in. - I reply turning around a walking back to my files.He finally looks at me with an unreadable expression.-What?! - I ask confused.-You wear glasses. - It wasn't a question. - I didn't know! - He continued and joined me on the couch.-How would you? It's not like we ever talked about it. -I open one of the files. - They're relaxing glasses though. I wear them mostly when I read.-Job stuff? - He asks picking some papers and looking at them. - You never told me about this job of yours.-It's a one year thing. At least this is the deal I have on the table right now. - I inform him-And what exactly is the position?-Campaign Manager for N.T.L. - I reply casually, my attention to the papers.-Damn! That sounds serious. It is a big deal, right? - Drew puts the papers back.-It is. It's like the biggest deal. Can you imagine it? Me, in charge of the six campaigns they have at the moment. Their kind of fun with N.T.L, N.T.L Family and a bunch of other stuff.-Shit! Wow! - He scratches his head dumbfounded. -I always knew you were intelligent and badass but this is like beyond my imagination.-I know right! - I smile heartily.-That explains the suit and the "all business" look. - He motions at me. -I've changed too much, haven't I? -Well...um...not really to be honest. I feel like...we never really stopped talking. You were always the serious one and I was the child, although I'm older than you. - He smiles proudly at that last comment.-Only by about two years, so wipe that smile. - I wink. He frowns.-Anyway, I was thinking about...you know...telling the guys you're here. Would you like to meet them? D.D has already told them about my umm... hot new neighbor, but he doesn't know our story so...-I'd love to meet them. - I smile, putting a hand on his shoulder. - You know, you don't have to act all nervous around me...like you're trying to prove yourself. I'm not Rob, you know.He sighs and drops his head.-I feel really bad though. I know it's kinda too much to ask, but...do you forgive me? For, you know, just ghosting on you like that?-Oh Drew...-I sigh, thinking how to put my feelings into words. - I was never mad to begin with. I mean, I was a little hurt, I gotta say, but I don't blame you. You started building your future and I was just one of the many contacts that had to somehow go, along the way. And I always understood it. I knew that would happen eventually. I gently started letting you go first. It was necessary.-But that's the problem. It was a shitty move on my behalf. - He sighs again. - Touring didn't really stop me from talking to you...it was...how do I say it...-You had a crush on me. - I finish for himHis eyes go wide and he looks for words.-You...knew?-Pfff, of course, silly. It was kind of obvious. I mean, you used to constantly mail me stuff, but one particular thing you sent confirmed everything. It was not healthy for you, hence the 'I gently started letting you go first. It was necessary.' – I repeated myselfHe smiles shaking his head.-I was stupid. I sent you a fucking ring! You must have freaked out!-No! I thought it was sweet. I kept it. I wore it for years.He is surprised by my answer.-You're kidding me, right? -Come ooon! You were 18 and I was 16. -And I sang you '17 forever' on your next birthday. - He laughed.-You did. - I was now fully laughing, traveling back in time in my memories. -I've done a lot of stupid things but I promise I'm a changed man.-I don't doubt it. Look at you, past 30, married, with a successful career...-Says the 28 year old Campaign Manager for N.T.L. - he cuts me short.**Drew's P.O.V**I look at her blush and laugh. She doesn't give herself enough credit. She always used to do that. I am pleased she ended up working for N.TL, 'cause Audrey was always an artist in my mind. I know she can come up with mean lyrics, she can support me with back-vocals and she can pass for a professional designer. She used to do that when she was practically a freaking kid. I wonder what she can do now...except from lining up the men and firing orders at her new job.-Drew, do you mind if I get back to these? I wanna do some reading before Rob gets back. - She pulls me back to reality.-Sure sweetheart. I'm sorry I took too much of your time. - I say feeling guilty.-No, no. You're welcome to stay, by all means. I'm just gonna have to focus on this and I can't keep you company.-Don't worry, get back to work. I gotta head to the studio anyways. - I say as I get up. She does so too and walks me to the door. I debate whether to hug her or not, but she beats me to it and wraps her arms around my middle.-You're tall! - She smilesI hug her back and kiss the top of her head.-I'll talk to you later. I walk away before I do or say anything stupid. As soon as I step on the elevator my phone rings. Jen!