Will you be my roommate?

**Audrey's P.O.V**Dinner was ready. Only the guests were still missing. Caught in my thoughts, the front door finally clicked open. Show off!! Drew had used the spare key showing off to the rest of them.-Is there something you want to tell us? - Bono eyed the key.-Umm, welcome to my humble abode? - I greet them.-Why does he have it?- Bono insists again, referring to the key.-Why not? He's the friend and also the neighbor. I might need someone to look after the house if I'm gone for long.The boys laugh at my explanation, which is obviously not very convincing. They start sitting around the table making noises that show me they like what they see. I have cooked plenty for the army. Rice, veggies, hassleback chicken with pesto and mozzarella and of course appetizers and salads.-Damn lovey, you're getting us hooked. I can't go back to instant ramen after this. - Jave comments.-Same here. - D.D adds. -The lady has just killed us with this dinner. - Jeremy winks at me.-Can I apply for a membership? - Drew asks smiling. - I'd like this every day, 3 times a day. And for the rest of my life, please!-Dude, that's called a wife! - Bono lets out, but regrets it immediately.-Umm...water anyone? Soda? - I try to divert their attention.-Water please! - Drew says slowly, clearly upset with Bono's comment.I walk to him, filling his glass and put a hand on his shoulder squeezing gently.Then I return to my seat and type him a quick text. 'I like your smile. Please?'He looks down at his phone and an instant heart - melting smile tugs at his lips.A text comes right back to me.'Love u!'**Drew's P.O.V**I looked at Audrey time after time. She had a permanent smile plastered on her face after the text I had sent. The way she interacted with the guys spoke a lot. She felt comfortable around us. She was carefree and smiling and enjoying the company, unlike this morning when I watched her around her staff at work. She looked stiff and serious and gotta say a little scary. It's like all that had vanished into thin air and the easy going girl I used to know had taken over again.I cleared my thought to get everyone's attention. -Guys, since Audrey gathered all of us here tonight, I want to profit from this situation and say something to all of you.My serious tone caused the air to shift for everybody. The guys were looking at me with a worried expression, while Audrey's was one of acknowledgement. She new what I saw about to do.-First of all, I want to apologize for my shitty mood lately, but some things have been going on and I am not feeling quite like myself. -That's ok dude, we all have our issues. – D.D smiles.-No, it's not ok D.D. I know I've been a constant pain in the ass and a bit more aggressive than usual. It's just, Jen and I are not in a good place right now and I'm kind of having issues handling that...-Drew, - Audrey's voice interrupts me, noticing my emotions. I couldn't go on with this. I needed her to take over for me.-Do you want me to tell them for you? - She asks a little unsecure.-Please, by all means. I don't think I can do it, but I do want them to know. You guys, all of you right here, are my family. So...you deserve to know.The guys are now in full blown concern.-Well, the thing is, as some of you may know, sometimes things hit the fan in a relationship and the worst part is that there's nothing we can do about it. So, Drew and Jen, I'm sure had a beautiful relationship and all, but it has been going down for a while now. They have decided to file for a divorce. - Audrey explains in a tactful way. The reactions coming form the boys are almost the same. It's like they knew.-I knew that bitch had something to do. - Bono says angrily.-Hey, hey! None of that. - Audrey scolds him. -It's still his wife and they have loved and respected each-other till now. We can't go around changing our stance and judge people just like that, with a snap of the fingers.The look in her eyes was fierce. Bono zipped it and let her continue.-Now, the divorce aside, which is none of our business, cause it's personal to the couple and them only, the other part, concerns us all, as Drew's family. -She went on and I swallowed. I was ashamed. I hung my head on my shoulders.-Sweetie, head up high! There's nothing wrong with it. We are all humans after all. - Audrey's voice encourages me to look at her.-The thing is guys, like most of us do, Drew has had his own insecurities and is dealing with the issue at hand the wrong way. He has fallen prey to an addiction and I'd like us all to be his support in overcoming this dark hour of his. - Audrey approached the topic carefully.-I am an alcoholic. - I said out loud and damn if it didn't feel good. It took of the weight in my chest.The guys sighed but none of them spoke. They just got up slowly and walked to me enveloping me in a group hug.-We are here for you buddy. What took you so long to share? - Jace ruffled my hair.**Audrey's P.O.V**A lot happened in the span of a couple of hours, but the outcome was good. We all stood by Drew and agreed on helping him anyway we could. The guys all left, leaving me alone with the singer.-So...ummm...ready to head home yet? - I ask him, not really knowing what was going on in his head.-About that...there's more to it.- He sighs and sits on the couch.-You know you can tell me. - I smile. - And I don't mind taking the couch again tonight. - I wink, offering him the security he needed. -I don't want you to become a martyr, sweetheart. I'm an adult. I should handle this myself but...I just...I'm a mess. - He admits. -Then go take your beauty sleep. My bed is comfy and has your name written on it. - I reassure him. - I mean it, my home is your home.-Look, the thing is, the judge is asking for Jen and I to let go of the apartment. It's rented, but none of us is budging. We both want it and the solution of this mess is for none of us to have it. We gotta let it go and find our separate places to stay.-Oh...-Was all I could muster. Why is he telling me this? I can feel a suggestion coming, but he can't seem to find the words to ask me. I mean, I am sure he has tons of options. And I know he's loaded enough to rent another place. -Look...-I start- When I came here, my employer took care of all the arrangements and this apartment came with the deal. I can't say I would ever look for a roommate, since the rent is all paid and all, but if that's the case...I guess sharing is caring...? - I finished not so sure about what I was actually offering him. -Are you like...suggesting I move in with you? Like a...roommate? 'Cause baby I'd love that! - He exclaimed happily. -It won't be easy you know, but what the heck? We can give it a shot. At least until you decide what you want to do when your life is settled. - I say.He gets up and comes to hug me.-I swear I'll make it up to you. For everything, for the past, for the present. For every time I've ignored you and for the time I'm imposing myself. You are an angel. - He speaks in such a low voice that sends chills. It's gonna be hard sharing the little space with him, but I know myself better than that and I have a strict moral ethics.-Whenever you're ready, you have the key. Use it. You're welcome anytime. - I smile and he bends a little to give me a kiss on the cheek.-I'm indebted to you for my whole life. - He ruffles my hair.I walk to the room to take a pillow and a blanket. We need an extra bed if he's really going to move in. He wishes me good night and I lay awake on the couch. I just asked Drew Bennett to move in with me. What the actual fuck? We went from pen friends to strangers gradually and then from strangers to friends, to roommates.I don't know what I'm getting myself into. All I know is that I'm being there for my friend. No one knows where this journey will take us.