Goodbye Drew

Drew's POVThe flight didn't seem to land soon enough. As soon as we were cleared to get out, I ran out of the plane and took a cab home. I only had my passport and walled. I was wearing the clothes from the concert. People were looking at me like a madman, but I couldn't care less right now.-Audrey! Ian! –I call practically screaming, as soon as my keys touch the door.-Audrey! – I call once again stepping inside. The lights are all out. They should be home by this time. It's evening. Where the hell would they be now?I run to Ian's room first, since it's the first door on the hall. Shit! The room looks untouched.I run to our bedroom and it looks the same as Ian's. I sit on the edge of the bad, not wanting to panic and think of the worst. My hands were itching to go open the closet door, but I promised to give myself time and wait for them first. I couldn't think of the last possibility. I couldn't afford it.The minutes passed by and turned to hours. By 10 PM they'd be home, but they weren't. Defeated, I finally get up and walk painfully to the closet. The pain in my chest was lethal. My heart was hammering and my head was spinning. I gathered up the courage to finally push the door open. They were gone. They were gone for good. My clothes were the only ones hanging there and this house never felt colder and more suffocating right now. I collapse on the floor for I don't know how long and break down sobbing hard.Audrey's POVIan was sleeping troubled in Aaron's bed. I cover him once again and walk to the kitchen. Rob joins me on the sofa with a hot coffee on his hand.-Drink up kid. Gonna need it if you plan on pulling an all-nighter.I look at him and just sigh. -Look sweetheart. You know I love you, right? – He starts, looking at me through his father eyes.-I know Rob. Thank you for being here for me.-Anytime baby girl. Though I can't help but ask...are you sure you're making the right decision here?I look at him like he's gone mad.-Why are you even asking me that? You know I don't just rush into things if I don't think about it first.-I know, I know, kid. I just meant, maybe you're taking it a little overboard?-No Rob. I can't believe how he could do this to me. Wouldn't it have been more honest if he talked to me about it? He went behind my back several times, taking matters into his own hands, but still, it was just us. This time he goes and bribes a third party to offer me a fake contract. What about it? I couldn't even look at Ash straight in the eyes after I connected the dots. I just couldn't find the strength to believe what was happening. What about what I sacrificed to be here? What about how hard I worked to deserve my place? I'm not a good for nothing that someone can just come and take pity on me, because they are Drew's friend.I finally breathe. I've been so consumed bottling it up that I felt like I was about to explode. Rob tries to say something but I hold my hand up to stop him.-As much as I want to look at this the other way around, I can't help but feel like I was treated like a helpless, cheap person. I'm not a victim Rob. I know who I am and I know what I can do, so there is no way I will take the pity from anyone. And that includes Drew. With that Rob nods in understanding and doesn't poke the bear anymore.-You know best kid. You're welcome to stay here all you want. This is your home.-Thank you. I don't wanna be a burden for you guys, but I just didn't know where to go. I wanted a brief escape from LA. But I'll start looking for a new place tomorrow. I was able to require just one week of leave from work, so I'd better find a new place soon.-I'm not gonna try to convince you otherwise then. If you need anything from us, you know you can just ask. You are not alone in this Audrey. We are right here with you and you can lean on us for help. I mean it with all my heart.-Thank you, you giant goof! – I hug him and stifle a cry.-Aww, you big cry baby. Stop, or I won't be able to keep myself together.We hang out for a while longer and I retreat to the bedroom. I check my phone since I'm a masochist. There are tons of messages and missed calls from drew. There are others too, but those are the only one I open to read. He's gone to the house. Good! This way he can finally understand that he lost us for good. He won't be able to find me and Ian now that he knows we left our supposed home. Home...a concept I was starting to lose my faith in. Goodbye Drew.